He has over 20 years experience as a Consultant Surgeon and his main interests are shoulder, elbow and trauma surgery. He has considerable experience in the management of upper limb Sports Injuries including shoulder instability, rotator cuff tears, acromioclavicular joint injuries, elbow instability, biceps rupture, tennis elbow and golfers elbow.
He sees all problems presenting in the shoulder and elbow and is an expert in shoulder and elbow replacement. He lectures nationally and internationally and runs national courses in arthroscopic (keyhole) surgery of the shoulder and elbow.
He has contributed extensively to the world of research and has over 90 publications. These include an orthopaedic textbook which he edited and helped to write plus seven book chapters. His surgical results reflect his considerable surgical experience and the quality of his training.
In addition, Stuart is an associate editor of the journal “Shoulder and Elbow” and a member of the National Council of the British Elbow and Shoulder Society (BESS). He is a past examiner for the Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine (FSEM) where he remains a corresponding fellow. He is an examiner for the Intercollegiate Surgical Membership (MRCS) and is the Chair of Governors for a local independent school.
- Shoulder Impingement
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Joint Replacement of the Shoulder and Elbow for Arthritis
- Reconstruction for Dislocation/Instability of the Shoulder and Elbow
- Sports Surgery of the Shoulder and Elbow
- Trauma Surgery
Football, swimming and cycling.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Stuart Hay at Nuffield Health
- Shoulder surgery (rotator cuff repair)
- Shoulder replacement
- Shoulder Manipulation
- Bone Graft
- Tennis elbow release
- Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation
- Elbow surgery
- Trauma reconstruction
Mr Hay has pubished widely with his most recent publications including:
- A chapter on Elbow Arthroscopy in the Oxford Textbook of Orthopaedics and Trauma.
- Papers on Elbow replacement and a new keyhole approach to the Elbow in the journal "Techniques in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery"
- A paper on Shoulder Dislocation in the Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
- A paper on Forearm Trauma in the Journal of the British Elbow and Shoulder Society.
- A general textbook on Orthopaedic Surgery
- British Medical Association
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British shoulder and Elbow Society
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons
- Corresponding Fellow of the Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine
Other posts held
- Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Hospital, Oswestry
- Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
Insurers Mr Stuart Hay works with
Mr Stuart Hay works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Stuart Hay does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Stuart Hay does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Stuart Hay does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.