Professor Steven Jeffery is a Consultant Plastic Surgeon who specialises in the assessment and treatment of scarring, traumatic wounds, burns and pressure sores.
He is a member of the British Burns Association, the International Society for Burn Injury and is a Patron to the charity RAFT.
In 2011 he was awarded the Wounds UK ‘Key Contribution Award’, the Military Civilian Health Partnership award ‘Regular of the year’, and the Smith and Nephew Pioneer of the Year award.
- Scar revision and improvement
- Pressure sore management
He has published widely on the topic of burns and wounds, including the following book chapters:
- The management of burns, Oxford Desk Reference: Major Trauma, Oxford University Press
- The management of complex wounds, The Oxford International Wound Healing course book
- Role 4 and Reconstruction, Ryan’s Ballistic Trauma: A Practical Guide, Springer 2011
- Traumatic wounds, ABC of Wounds (Third edition), BMJ publishing
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Fellow Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow
Other post held
- Consultant Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon, University Hospitals Birmingham
- Consultant Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon, Birmingham Children's Hospital
Insurers Professor Steven Jeffery works with
Professor Steven Jeffery works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Universal Provident
Professor Steven Jeffery does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Steven Jeffery does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Steven Jeffery does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.