Mr Turner graduated in 1978 and trained as an orthopaedic surgeon both in London and Manchester. He developed his interest in hand and upper limb surgery during a Hand Society Fellowship in 1990 with Professor John Stanley at Wrightington Hospital.
He was appointed as Consultant Orthopaedic and Hand Surgeon in Coventry in 1992 and developed the wrist and shoulder arthroscopic surgery service.
He also further developed the rheumatoid hand service.
Mr Turner only sees patients for medico legal and medical negligence reports.
Mr Stanislas specialises in shoulder replacement surgery at Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital.
- Hand, wrist and shoulder pain and injuries
- Arthroscopic surgery for shoulder & wrist
- Sports injuries (upper limb surgeon to British gymnastics)
- Dupuytren’s surgery
- Rheumatoid surgery
Enthusiastic golfer and tennis player.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Stephen Turner at Nuffield Health
- Hand surgery
- Shoulder Manipulation
- Shoulder surgery (rotator cuff repair)
- Tennis elbow release
- Shoulder replacement surgery
- Elbow surgery
- Dupuytren's fasciectomy
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
Mr Turner has completed research looking at bone softening in the wrist due to overuse in elite gymnasts and he is taking part in a multi centre trial looking at rotator cuff injuries and their treatment.
- British Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Royal College of Surgeons (Ed)
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society
- Hospital Consultants and Specialists Association
Mr Stephen Turner does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Stephen Turner does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Stephen Turner does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.