Sam El-Kawy was accredited as a fully qualified consultant orthopaedic surgeon in the UK in 2006. He is an ankle and knee specialist.
Following his training he completed one year to specialise in all aspects of foot and ankle surgery. He has undertaken a knee reconstruction fellowship in London and also travelling fellowships in Holland, Switzerland and France to learn the latest techniques in ankle and knee sports surgery from some of the world’s leading experts in their fields, such as Professor N Van Dijik of Amsterdam (ankle surgery), Dr Pascal Rippstein of Zurich (ankle arthroplasty) and Professor P Neyret of Lyon (knee surgery).
Mr El-Kawy works as Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at South Warwickshire Hospitals and is a fellow to the Royal College of Surgeons, Member of Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine, and fellow to the British Orthopaedic Association.
Mr El-Kawy specialise in the following treatments at Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital:
- Trauma and orthopaedics
- Lower limb surgery ( foot, ankle, knee surgery)
- Foot and ankle surgery including bunion surgery, tendo-achilles problems, ankle replacement, ankle sports injuries, arthroscopic ankle surgery and complex foot and ankle trauma
- Knee surgery including complex sports related ligament surgery, patello-femoral surgery and knee arthroplasty
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Sam El-Kawy at Nuffield Health
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- Midfoot fusion
- Fusion of big toe
- Hindfoot fusion
- Bone Graft
- Hindfoot osteotomy
- Toe surgery
- Midfoot osteotomy
- Tibial osteotomy
- Toe joint fusion
- Hallux Valgus Surgery
- Knee surgery (ACL repair)
- Bunion surgery (bunionectomy)
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Forefoot reconstructive surgery
- Ankle ligament repair
- Flat foot correction
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Achilles repair or reconstruction
- Subtalar arthroscopy
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Ankle fusion
- Ankle replacement
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow to the Royal College of Physician and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine (UK)
Other post held
- Consultant Orhtopaedic Surgeon, South Warwickshire Hospitals
Mr Sam El-Kawy does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Sam El-Kawy does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Sam El-Kawy does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.