- Specialities General Surgery, Colorectal, Paediatric Surgery
- Telephone 01752 761850 (secretary)
- Year of first qualification 1992
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
English, Tamil, Malayalam, Arabic
- GMC Number 6095186
- Fax 01752 761839
Mr Kochupapy has twenty-one years of general surgical experience. In the process he has completed three years of structured training in general surgical specialities for the award of Master of Surgery. For two years he worked as an assistant professor of general surgery in a university hospital in India. He also spent four years as a junior specialist in sultanate of Oman.
For the past twelve years, he has been working in UK within the colorectal surgery department. He enjoyed teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. Since 1994 he has been working in general surgery and has completed FRCS (Gen Sur/Colorectal) and EBSQ (Coloproctology).
He is currently practicing as a Consultant Colorectal Surgeon in Plymouth (UK) with special interest in laparoscopic colorectal surgeries with active involvement in surgical research. He has completed Lap co training with Lapco Train the trainer program and actively teach Laparoscopic colorectal surgeries. Mr Kochupapy has performed more than 150 laparoscopic colorectal resections.
In 2014 he underwent General Paediatric surgical top up training from Bristol children’s hospital and started to perform general paediatric surgeries in Derriford hospital, Plymouth.
- By arrangement
- Consultant general/colorectal/Paediatric surgeon at Derriford hospital, Plymouth
Rajesh's main areas of interest are as follows:
- general surgery including laparoscopic cholecystectomies and laparoscopic hernia operations.
- all types of colorectal surgery
- all types of general paediatric surgeries
He has taken up the following roles since 2014:
- clinical governance lead for the surgical directorate in Derriford hospital.
- mortality review committee member
- royal college of surgeons ( England) tutor in Derriford hospital
- course convenor for Basic surgical skills course in Derriford hospital.
- national faculty in Basic Laparoscopic skills and ATLS courses.
- sub invesitigator for Mutinational trials.
- trainer for laparoscopic colorectal surgery.
- teacher in PHNT.
Mr Kochupapy believes in the importance of a healthy work/leisure balance and for much of his spare time is involved with the church ministry. He is involved in arranging charity programmes to support various charity organisations. He has conducted two charity programmes in wales and one in India. He is also a lead singer of a Bollywood band.
- GMC, Royal College of surgeons of Edinburgh and England
- Association of Coloproctology GBI
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons GBI
- Medical Defence Union
- 2006 - 2009: Chief Investigator of a Comparative Study Of Titanium Staples And Prolene Sutures For Securing The Mesh In Lichtenstein’s Tension Free Inguinal Hernia Repair - Prospective Randomized Controlled Single Blinded Pilot Study.’
- 2010 - 2011: Involved in RCT involving human factor training for doctors
- 2012-2013: Sub investigator for a multinational trial. Ethicon evicell study.
DeclarationMr Rajesh Thengungal Kochupapy works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Rajesh Thengungal Kochupapy does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Rajesh Thengungal Kochupapy does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Rajesh Thengungal Kochupapy does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.