- Specialities Urogynaecology, Gynaecology, Reproductive Medicine, Women's Health
- Telephone 02920 836714
- Year of first qualification 1989
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
English, Malay and Punjabi
- GMC Number 3407033
- Fax 01443 449222
Mr Bhal is an experienced gynaecologist with a special interest in advanced vaginal and laparoscopic surgery. He has developed and led the Urogynaecology service in Cardiff since his appointment in 2003 which has strived to deliver the best available care for women presenting with urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse in South Wales.
He offers all forms of continence and complex prolapse or pelvic floor surgery including laparoscopic surgery when indicated (reconstructive surgery for advanced/recurrent vaginal/uterine prolapse e.g. sacrospinous fixation and sacrocolpopexy including the use of mesh in selected cases). He conducts the full range of urodynamics assessment, flexible cystoscopies (and intradetrusor injections for refractory detrusor overactivity), stress urinary incontinence surgery including midurethral tape (TVT/TOT) surgery as well as. He performs vaginal hysterectomies (including removal of ovaries if indicated) for benign gynaecological conditions when less invasive options have been unsuccessful.
Mr Bhal is an accomplished laparoscopic surgeon who carries out treatment of endometriosis, adhesiolysis, laparoscopic salpingectomy (removal of fallopian tube) and oophorectomy (removal of ovary) and sacrocolpo/hysteropexy (mesh to support advanced prolapse).
Mr Bhal also has extensive experience in the management of heavy periods, fibroids, infertility and assisted reproduction, managing women with recurrent miscarriages and the menopause.
Mr Bhal specialises in the following treatments at Nuffield Health Cardiff & Vale Hospitals:
- Weekly Wednesday Evening
- Consultant Urogynaecologist, University Hospital of Wales
Mr Bhal’s main area of interest is urogynaecology which includes the management of female urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse and postnatal obstetric perineal trauma. He offers all forms of conservative, medical and surgical management options for urogynaecological disorders.
Other areas of clinical interests are:
- Advanced Laparoscopic and Vaginal surgery
- Menstrual disorders (including heavy periods)
- Transvaginal sonography
- Management of endometriosis
- Infertility and assisted reproduction
- Recurrent miscarriages and early pregnancy problems
Mr Bhal enjoys swimming, hockey and spending time with his family.
- British Society of Urogynaecology
- International Society of Urogynaecology
- International Continence Society
- British Fertility Society
- British Medical Association
- Welsh Obstetricians and Gynaecologists Society
- Cardiff Medical Society
During his time as a research fellow in the Cardiff Assisted Reproduction Unit he worked on the role of Power Doppler Ultrasonography and Reproductive Medicine as the subject of his thesis. He was awarded a Doctorate in Medicine from the University of Wales in 2001. Mr. Bhal was part of the Academic department (1997-2001) working with Professor Shaw, within the University Hospital of Wales as Lecturer and subsequently Senior Lecturer. He acquired extensive experience in transvaginal sonography, laparoscopic surgery and management of endometriosis.
Mr. Bhal has continued with his passion for research and evidence based medicine and has presented work at numerous meetings both nationally and internationally.
Mr Bhal has been involved in the following areas of development within vaginal, urogynaecological surgery and infertility:
- The use of Doppler ultrasonography in infertility
- Advancement of vaginal surgery for benign gynaecological conditions
- Laparoscopic surgery for urogynaecological disorders
- The role of peripheral neuromodulation in urinary incontinence
- Ambulatory/outpatient treatment for stress urinary incontinence
- Uterine preserving prolapse surgery
DeclarationMr Preetkiron Bhal works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Preetkiron Bhal does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Preetkiron Bhal does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Preetkiron Bhal does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.