- Specialities General Surgery, Gastroenterology
- Telephone 01483 610390
- Year of first qualification 1998
- Email email@example.com
- GMC Number 4586283
- Fax 08003 284473
Mr Nisar is a consultant surgeon at Ashford and St Peter’s NHS Trust. Mr Nisar provides a comprehensive service for patients with colorectal and general surgical conditions. He is a specialist in laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery, colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease and benign problems such as piles, anorectal disease, rectal bleeding, hernias and pelvic floor disorders. He is skilled in endoscopy, colonoscopy and polyp removal. He manages a range of proctolology conditions and offers HALO and PPH procedures for haemorrhoids and injections for pain control.
Mr Nisar qualified in medicine from Trinity College, Cambridge and Addenbrooke's Hospital. Advanced colorectal and general surgical training was subsequently undertaken at St George’s, Ashford & St. Peter’s, Frimley Park and Royal Surrey County Hospitals. Mr Nisar has been awarded a Doctor of Medicine in colorectal surgery for his work in haemorrhoids and pelvic floor conditions.
Mr Nisar was a fellow for one year at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, USA (a world renowned centre for colorectal surgery) where he further developed his interests in rectal cancer, Crohn’s and colitis and improving the quality of surgical outcomes.
- Weekly Thursday evening
- Ashford &
- St Peter’s Hospitals NHS Trust
- Minimally invasive surgery for colorectal cancer
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Rectal prolapse
- Haemorrhoid artery ligation (HALO)
- Stapled haemorrhoidectomy
Photography, fine art and foreign travel
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain &
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain &
- British Medical Association
- European Society of Coloproctology
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Mr Nisar has published over 50 articles, reviews and abstracts in all aspects of colorectal disease and oncology in the UK and USA. He has been invited to speak at international conferences
- Mr Nisar’s papers have been published in high impact journals (British Medical Journal, British Journal of Surgery, Annals of Surgery)
- Mr Nisar has been awarded substantive research grants. Research interests include surgery for rectal cancer and inflammatory bowel disease, ileal pouch surgery, continence problems.
- Currently Mr Nisar is developing new techniques in minimally invasive surgery for patients with colorectal cancer