Omar Sabri completed his Higher Surgical Training in Trauma & Orthopaedics on the Bristol Rotation in 2010. He specialises in trauma, pelvis and hip reconstruction including arthroplasty.
Mr Sabri undertook a highly sought after Trauma Fellowship in Nottingham in 2011 followed by an extremely popular and competitive Pelvic & Complex Lower Limb Arthroplasty Fellowship at St George’s Hospital in London where he gained valuable experience in complex lower limb reconstruction including bone and joint infection cases.
He also spent time in New York City (Hospital for Special Surgery – New York) on a mini-fellowship in 2008 and worked with Dr David Helfet, a world-renowned name in Trauma and Pelvic Surgery.
During his Fellowship training, he undertook several arthroplasty lists at SWLEOC (South West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre) performing hip and knee replacements as acting consultant.
Mr Sabri was appointed as a Consultant in Trauma & Orthopaedics at Newcastle University Hospitals in April 2012 whilst still on fellowship in London and commenced his full time post in September 2012.
His current post involves the management of general and complex trauma in the North Easts major trauma centre (Royal Victoria Infirmary) including pelvic and acetabular reconstruction, in addition to performing simple and complex hip arthroplasty on the same site.
- Trauma surgery (upper and lower limbs)
- Hip and pelvis reconstruction
- Hip arthroplasty
- Foot and ankle procedures
- Removal of metal works/implants
- Basketball, played to professional level to the age of 29
- Squash and Golf - member of local clubs
- Motor Sports – Previous role as Chief Medical Officer at Castle Coombe Race Circuit
- General Fitness – Member of Nuffield Health Gym Newcastle
English and Arabic
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Omar Sabri at Nuffield Health
- Extensive muscle repair
- Bunion surgery (bunionectomy)
- Knee replacement
- Soft tissue lump service
- Knee arthroscopy
- Hip revision
- Fusion of big toe
- Hip replacement
- Ankle ligament repair
- Hip arthroscopy
- Tennis elbow release
- Toe surgery
- Achilles repair or reconstruction
- Hamstring Repair
- Elbow surgery
- Trauma reconstruction
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Image guided joint injections
- Toe joint fusion
- Cubital tunnel release
Mr Sabri has undertaken several clinical and lab based research projects related to his sub-speciality interests with strong affiliation to the Biomechanics Lab at the University of Bath.
He has several key publications on outcome measures after pelvic fractures and the importance of a flanged acetabular component in total hip replacement.
He has recently completed the chapter on the management of pelvic fractures in the next edition of the Oxford Textbook of Critical Care due to be published in 2014.
He is an investigator on several NIHR (National Institute for Healthcare Research) portfolio studies including several trauma related RCTs
- Orthopaedic Trauma Society
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Hip Society
- European Hip Society
Other post held
- Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Orthopaedics, St George's Hospital
- ATLS Instructor (Advanced Trauma Life Support)
- Registered Stakeholder for NICE, Trauma Guidelines Group
Mr Omar Sabri does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Omar Sabri does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Omar Sabri does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.