Mr Cripps is experienced in all branches of coloproctology with particular interest in the management of colorectal cancer. He is a director and colonoscopist for the Solent and Western Sussex Bowel Cancer Screening Unit and has major experience in early detection and prevention of bowel cancer, including major theraputic procedures at endoscopy, including endoscopic mucosal resection.
Mr Cripps has a particular interest in the analysis of colorectal symptoms and family history and wide experience in anal and perianal plastic surgery, including pilonidal sinus.
- Monday 15:00 - 17:00
- Wednesday 09:00 - 12:00
- Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon, St Richard's Hospital Chichester
Golf and personal fitness.
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain &
- Member of The St Mark's Association
- Member of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Member of The Military Surgical Society
- NPJ Cripps, RJ Heald. Family based colorectal cancer screening in a district hospital. Gut 1996; 38: 421-425
- NPJ Cripps, GJ Cooper. The mechanism of intestinal contusion after blunt abdominal impact. Ann R Coll Surg Engl 1977; 79: 115-120
- NPJ Cripps, GJ Cooper Risk of late perforation in intestinal contusions caused by explosive blast. Br J Surg 1997; 84: 1298-1303
- NPJ Cripps, JMA Northover. Anovestibular fistulae to Bartholin's gland. Br J Surg 1998; 85: 659-661
- NPJ Cripps, A Senapati MR Thompson. Improved perineal healing after internal sphincter preserving proctectomy (ISPP) in ulcerative colitis. Br J Surg 1999, 86 (10): 1344-5
- A Senapati, NPJ Cripps, MR Thompson. Bascom's operation in the day-surgical management of symptomatic pilonidal sinus. Br J Surg 2000; 87(8): 1067-70.
- RJ Guy, S Blake, NPJ Cripps, Restorative Proctocolectomy in UK servicemen. J Royal Naval Medical Service 2001; 87(3):154-157
- IM Nordon, A Senapati, NPJ Cripps. A prospective randomized controlled trial of simple Bascom's technique vs Bascom's cleft closure for the treatment of chronic pilonidal disease. Am J Surg. 2008 (197); 189-198
- A Senaptati, NPJ Cripps, K Flashman, MR Thompson. Cleft closure of the treatment of Pilonidal Sinus disease. Colorectal Disease 2010. DOI: 10.1111/j. 1463-1318.200902148.
DeclarationMr Neil Cripps works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Neil Cripps does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Neil Cripps does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Neil Cripps does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.