Mr Zafar is a Specialist Robotic and Laparoscopic (keyhole) Urological Surgeon. He completed his Urological training in East Midlands and successfully completed a year of fellowship training in Robotic, Laparoscopic and minimal invasive surgery in Paris.
Mr Zafar has a special interest in Prostate and Renal cancer and is currently performing Robotic/Laparoscopic surgery for Prostate and Renal cancer (Laparoscopic Radical Nephrectomy) at Derby Teaching Hospitals.
- General core urology
- Kidney and prostate cancer
- Benign enlargement of prostate
English, Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Nauman Zafar at Nuffield Health
- Laparoscopic urology
- Prostate surgery
- Prostate resection (TURP)
- Vasectomy or male sterilisation
Mr Zafar has completed
various research projects which include:
- Methods to reduce warm ischemia during Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy
- Safety of Hem-o-lok clips during Laparoscopic Nephrectomy
- Management of Iatrogenic Ureteric Injury
- Temperature generated by use of various light cables
- PSA Screening trend among Urologists.
- Use of Urine Cytology in detecting Bladder Cancer
- Nephrostomy for malignant disease outcome comparison
- Trifecta in Partial Nephrectomy for renal cancer.
- Recto-Urinary Fistula repair post prostate cancer treatment
- Learning curve of Holmium laser enucleation of Prostate.
- Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
- European Urological Association
Insurers Mr Nauman Zafar works with
Mr Nauman Zafar works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
Mr Nauman Zafar does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Nauman Zafar does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Nauman Zafar does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.