Mr Al-Maiyah is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon who specialises in foot and ankle surgery, his practice at Nuffield Health Tees Hospital encompasses all aspects, diagnosis and treatment (operative and non-operative) of foot and ankle disorders.
Having completed his higher surgical training, Mr Al-Maiyah then undertook more than two years of fellowships in foot and ankle surgery and trauma/limb reconstruction in Birmingham, Liverpool and Australia.
He has experience in all aspects of this area; treating both elective and traumatic conditions. He has a large revision practice and often sees patients for a second opinion.
- Bunion surgery
- Minimal invasive surgery
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Flat foot and high arch feet
- Tendon disorders; tendinitis or tendinopathy
- Heel pain and plantar fasciitis
- Sports injuries
- Ankle injuries and fractures
- Diabetic foot disorders
Mr Al-Maiyah has a special interest in complex trauma and limb reconstruction. He is fellowship trained in the field of limb reconstruction, bone infection and with the use of circular frames.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Mohammed Al-Maiyah at Nuffield Health
- Achilles repair or reconstruction
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Ankle fusion
- Ankle ligament repair
- Bunion surgery
- Flat foot correction
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Forefoot reconstructive surgery
- Fusion of big toe
- Hallux Valgus Surgery
- Hindfoot osteotomy
- Ingrown toenail (and ingrown toenail surgery)
- Toe joint fusion
- Toe surgery
Mr Al-Maiyah has presented at numerous national and international conferences, and has contributed to scientific literature in Trauma and Orthopaedic surgery.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- European Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- British Limb reconstruction Society
Other post held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough and Friarage Hospital, Northallerton
Insurers Mr Mohammed Al-Maiyah works with
Mr Mohammed Al-Maiyah works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Mohammed Al-Maiyah does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Mohammed Al-Maiyah does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Mohammed Al-Maiyah does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.