Mr Michael Johnson holds a private practice in General and Colorectal Surgery at Nuffield Health Chester Hospital, The Grosvenor.
He was appointed as a Consultant in General and Colorectal Surgery at the Countess of Chester NHS Hospital Trust in 2002.
Mr Johnson undertook his surgical training in North West London and Wales and he is experienced in all aspects of general and colorectal surgery as well as colonoscopy.
Mr Michael Johnson is the Clinical Lead for General Surgery. He is also the Lead Clinician for Colorectal Surgery and the Chairman of the Colorectal Cancer Multi-Disciplinary Team in Chester.
Areas of interest:
- Rectal bleeding
- Change in bowel habit (diarrhoea,constipation)
- Abdominal bloating
- Abdominal pain
- Faecal incontinence and frequency
- Bowel cancer (colorectal cancer)
- Hernia (inguinal,femoral,umbilical,incisional)
- Fissure-in-ano (anal pain)
- Diverticular disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Numerous awards and citations for surgical training including the prestigious Surgeon Trainer of the Year 2013 (Mersey Deanery and Liverpool & Northwest Surgical Society).
- Sport (golf, rugby and football)
- Music (piano)
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Michael Johnson at Nuffield Health
- Anterior resection
- Colorectal surgery
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy (or gastroscopy)
- Hernia repair surgery
- Ileal pouch anal anastomosis
- Colorectal (bowel) cancer
- Surgical training
- Enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS)
- Stenting for large bowel obstruction
Publications in the following journals:
With publications in the following journals:
- British Journal of Surgery
- Colorectal Disease
- Annals of Royal College of Surgeons
- International Journal of Surgery
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Medical Protection Society
- President Liverpool & North West Surgical Society 2017
- Council Member Association of Coloproctology Great Britain & Ireland
- Chair Merseyside & Cheshire Colorectal Cancer Network 2009 - 2012
Other post held
- Consultant General and Colorectal Surgeon, Countess of Chester Hospital
- Clinical Lead for Colorectal and General Surgery, Countess of Chester NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Mr Michael Johnson works with
Mr Michael Johnson works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa On Demand
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Universal Provident
Mr Michael Johnson does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Michael Johnson does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Michael Johnson does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.