Mr Stone has been a consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in Leeds for over 27 years. Previously he worked at The Centre for Hip Surgery Wrightington with Professor Mike Wroblewski.
He carries out 100 hip and knee replacements plus knee arthroscopies per year.
Mr Stone specialises in the following treatments, tests and scans at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital:
- Hip replacement
- Knee replacement
- Revision hip replacement
- Revision knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Complications of joint replacement with particular interest in leg length inequality after hip replacement
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Martin Stone at Nuffield Health
- Hip replacement surgery
- Knee arthroscopy surgery
- Knee replacement surgery
- Hip revision
Mr Stone has published in excess of 100 papers on hip and knee replacement surgery. He is an executive member of The Leeds Institute of Mechanical and Biological Engineers and the The Leeds Musculoskeletal Biomedical Research Centre. Current research include leg length inequality after hip replacement, high dose local anaesthetic infiltration to control post operative pain relief after hip and knee replacement and engineering technologies to improve the success of joint replacement in the long term.
- British Medical Association
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Hip Society (ex officio)
Other post held
- Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon Leeds General Infirmary
- Chapel Allerton Hospital Orthopaedic Centre
- Honorary Clinical Associate Professor, University of Leeds.
Insurers Mr Martin Stone works with
Mr Martin Stone works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Martin Stone does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Martin Stone has the following interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital:
- Consultant for DePuy
Mr Martin Stone does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.