Mark Kelly is a Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal and General Surgeon based at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. He specialises in surgery for upper gastrointestinal disorders including cancer of the oesophagus and stomach and benign conditions such as gastro-oesophageal reflux disease and gall stones. He also undertakes a range of general surgical procedures, both open and laparoscopic (keyhole), including repair of hernias of the abdominal wall.
He read Neuroscience at the University of Edinburgh before completing undergraduate medical training at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals. He undertook surgical training in London and the South-East of England which included time at a number of specialist Upper GI centres - St Thomas’ Hospital, the Royal Marsden and King’s College. He gained further experience during a visiting fellowship to the National Cancer Centre in Tokyo, an international centre of excellence in the treatment of gastric cancer.
Mark was awarded a Masters research degree with distinction for clinical research undertaken at the Upper GI Unit at St Thomas’ Hospital. He has published and presented on a range of topics in General and Upper GI Surgery and holds an honorary senior lectureship at Kings College London.
- Advanced laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery
- Surgery for gall stones (Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy)
- Hernia repair – Inguinal/femoral (groin) and other abdominal wall hernia
- Anti-reflux surgery and hiatus hernia repair (Laparoscopic fundoplication)
- Surgery for cancer of the oesophagus and stomach
- Diagnostic and therapeutic Upper GI endoscopy (OGD)
- Surgery for superficial lesions (lumps and bumps)
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Mark Kelly at Nuffield Health
- Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy (or gastroscopy)
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Excision of skin lesion
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Bilateral (inguinal) hernia repair
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Umbilical hernia repair
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons
- Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons
Other post held
- Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Mr Mark Kelly does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Mark Kelly does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Mark Kelly does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.