- Specialities Orthopaedics
- Telephone 01202 291 816
- Year of first qualification 1980
- Email email@example.com
- GMC Number 2634902
- Fax 01202 317 141
Mr Goodwin qualified 30 years ago having trained throughout Wessex and with an elective Trauma Fellowship in Vancouver in 1991. He was appointed Consultant at the Royal Bournemouth Hospital 16 years ago with a major interest in reconstructive hip and lower limb surgery as well as a large trauma commitment.
In 2002 he developed an inflammatory condition in his neck which, although treated and settled left his with some numbness in his left hand. As a result he elected not to return to surgery but to continue all other aspects of his Consultant post including increasing his commitment to out-patient clinics. Since that time he has taken on various training roles which continue to increase. From 2004 to 2009 he spent 5 years as Training Programme Director for 52 trainees in Wessex.
- Weekly Wednesday and Thursday AM
- Other days and times by arrangement
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Royal Bournemouth Hospital
Mr Goodwin's other interests include a passionate commitment to training and teaching. In this regard he has been appointed to the following positions:
- National Clinical Lead for eSurgery, Royal College of Surgeons of England and Department of Health
- Associate Dean with special responsibility for all Wessex Clinical and Revision Clinical and Revision Courses
- Vice-Chair of the Specialist Advisory Committee in Trauma & Orthopaedics, UK & Ireland
- Chair of the Training Curriculum Committee of the Orthopaedic Association, sitting as ex officio member of Council of British Orthopaedic Association
- Examiner for MRCS examinations, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, in the UK and Chennai, India
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Ed)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Eng)
- Fellow of the British Orthopaedic Association
- Hospital Consultants Specialists Association
- British Trauma Society
Mr Goodwin has published over the last 20 years in the field of hip surgery, trauma and anatomy.
Mr Mark Goodwin does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Mark Goodwin does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Mark Goodwin does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.