Mr Goodwin qualified from the University of Southampton in 1980. He trained throughout Wessex with an elective Trauma Fellowship in Vancouver in 1991. He was appointed Consultant at the Royal Bournemouth Hospital in 1994 with a major interest in reconstructive hip and lower limb surgery as well as a large trauma commitment at Poole Hospital.
Mr Goodwin's other interests include teaching Clinical Anatomy as well as an examiner for MRCS examinations at the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh since 2007. He has examined in the UK and abroad in Chennai (x2), Singapore, Sarawak, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong and Khartoum, Sudan (x3).
Mr Goodwin has published over the last 30 years in the field of hip surgery, trauma and anatomy.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Ed)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Eng)
- Fellow of the British Orthopaedic Association
- Hospital Consultants Specialists Association
- British Trauma Society
- Member of the Medical Protection Society
Other posts held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Royal Bournemouth Hospital
- Consultant in Orthopaedics, Associate Medical Director and Joint Appraisal Lead , University Hospitals Dorset NHS FT.
Mr Mark Goodwin does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Mark Goodwin does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Mark Goodwin does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.