Mr Teo is a Consultant Neurosurgeon at North Bristol NHS Trust, having completed subspecialty fellowship training in Stanford University, California, USA. He qualified in medicine from the University of Sheffield, also gaining an intercalated research honours degree- BMedSci. He then trained in Neurosurgery at Glasgow, Cambridge and London.
He has a special interest in minimally invasive cranial and spine surgery, and is a firm believer in personalised health care, surgery with less tissue injury, leading to minimal scar and quicker recovery. Although early in his career, he has authored numerous peer-reviewed publications, editorials and book chapters. Additionally, he is an advocate of collaborative clinical and scientific research, at local, national and international level.
Swimming, Cycling, Painting, Travelling
English, Chinese, Malay
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Mario Teo at Nuffield Health
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Lumbar discectomy
- Excision of spinal tumours
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Spinal (lumbar) Decompression
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- British Medical Association
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Society of British Neurological Surgeons
- World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- European Association of Neurosurgical Societies
- British Neurovascular Group
- British Skull Base Society
- Medical Protection Society
Other post held
- Consultant Neurosurgeon at North Bristol NHS Trust
Mr Mario Teo does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Mario Teo does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Mario Teo does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.