- Specialities Breast Surgery, Cosmetic Surgery
- Telephone 01752761820 ext: 820
- Year of first qualification 2004
- Email Denise.Willson16@nhs.net
- GMC Number 6110632
- Fax 01752 768969
Mr Dickson qualified at the University of Cambridge where he graduated with honours. He has completed formal UK plastic surgery training (FRCS plast) and additionally has high level European Qualifications in Breast Surgery (EBSQ) and Hand Surgery (EDHS). He has a Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (CCST).
He has worked in plastic surgery since 2008. He trained on the prestigious South West Rotation (Plymouth, Exeter and Bristol). During this time, he was one of only a few trainees in the country to be awarded a National Interface Fellowship in Breast Surgery (QEH Hospital, Birmingham) through competitive national selection. He has also been awarded National Travelling Fellowships to specialist units in Toronto, Vienna and Manitoba and was awarded a dedicated aesthetic training fellowship at the Cadogan Clinic (Sloane Square, London), helping him to offer the most aesthetic outcomes from surgery.
Mr Dickson likes to give his patients time and listens to their ideas, concerns and expectations. He always seeks to convey information in a clear way to help his patients to fully understand their treatments.
John Dickson specialises in the following treatments:
- Breast reduction (and enlargement)
- Breast cancer surgery (including reconstruction)
- Liposuction and fat transfer
- Tummy tucks
- Day - Thursday
- Time - All Day
- Frequency - Weekly
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon
- British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS)
- British Association of Plastic Reconstruction and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS)
- Association of Breast Surgery (ABS)
- European Society of Surgical Oncology (ESSO)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- General Medical Council (GMC)
is the Educational Lead for the BAPRAS Innovation Group. He has 24 publications
in the scientific literature, one book publication, an educational website for
plastic surgery trainees and several educational smartphone apps for junior
DeclarationMr John Dickson works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr John Dickson does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr John Dickson does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr John Dickson does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.