I am currently working as Consultant Spinal Orthopaedic and Trauma surgeon at Medway Maritime NHS Foundation Trust.
I took sub-specialty training in Spinal surgery by completing British Orthopaedic Association transitional fellowship at Stoke Mandeville Hospital/ National Spinal Cord Injury Centre. I then polished my expertise in complex spinal surgery and minimally invasive surgery by completing fellowships in internationally recognised Spinal units at Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital Stanmore and Oxford University Hospitals. I have been trained in all aspects of Spinal surgery dealing with cervical, thoracic and lumbosacral spine.
I graduated from world renowned Institution; King Edward Medical College (Pakistan) in 1998. I underwent Basic Surgical Training in North West England. During his surgical training he completed Masters Degree in Clinical Health Sciences from University of Central Lancashire and subsequently MCh in Orthopaedic Surgery. I completed Higher Surgical Training in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery in South West England and North West London.
I have published and presented several scientific and research projects on various platforms. I am a trainer for higher surgical trainees and actively engaged in teaching at international level.
I am actively involved in
training and teaching of higher Orthopaedic trainees and junior doctors both in
UK and overseas.
- Treatment and assessment of neck and back pain/sciatica
- Cervical and lumbar spinal injections
- Spinal fractures, Spinal fusion surgery and Trauma
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Lumbar microdiscectomy and decompression
- Treatment of sciatica (leg pain due to nerve root compression)
- Treatment of arm pain due to nerve root compression
- Epidural and Nerve root blocks spinal injections (cervical and lumbar spine)
- Focal spinal decompression
- Osteoporotic compression fractures
- Degenerative Spinal conditions
- Coccyx pain
Punjabi and Urdu
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Imran Rafiq at Nuffield Health
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Cervical Disc Replacement
- Dorsal root ganglion block
- Epidural anaesthetic
- X-Ray Guided Facet Joint Injection
- Image guided joint injections
- Interspinous implant
- Lumbar discectomy
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Nerve blocks
- Removal of spinal hardware
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Spinal (lumbar) Decompression
- Spinal fusion
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- The microbiology of infected hip arthroplasty. Rafiq I, Gambhir AK, Wroblewski BM, Kay PR. Int Orthop. 2006 Dec;30(6):532-5. Epub 2006 Aug 1
- Acute rhabdomyolysis following acute compartment syndrome of upper arm. Rafiq I, Anderson DJ. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2006 Nov;16(11):734-5.
- Medium-term results with the Press Fit Condylar (PFC) Sigma knee prosthesis the Wrightington experience. Zaki SH, Rafiq I, Kapoor A, Raut V, Gambhir AK, Porter ML. Acta Orthop Belg. 2007 Feb;73(1):55-9.
- A new modality of treatment for non-united fracture of the humerus in a patient with osteopetrosis: a case report. Rafiq I, Kapoor A, Burton DJ, Haines JF. J Med Case Rep. 2009 Jan 13;3:15. doi: 10.1186/1752-1947-3-15
- North American Spine Society
- British Association of Spine Surgeons
- Royal College of Surgeon –Edinburgh
- AO Spine
Other post held
- Medway NHS Foundation Trust Consultant Spinal Orthopaedic surgeon
Insurers Mr Imran Rafiq works with
Mr Imran Rafiq works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa Global
- Bupa On Demand
- Cigna International
- Healix Healthcare
- Healthcare RM
- Police Mutual
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Imran Rafiq does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Imran Rafiq does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Imran Rafiq does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.