- Specialities Vascular and endovascular surgery
- Telephone 01642 367439
- Year of first qualification 1992
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 3617603
Since 2005 Mr Nichol has been a Consultant Vascular Surgeon at James Cook University Hospital, as managing clinician from 2014, then as Clinical Director for Vascular surgery from 2016.
Mr Nichol has extensive experience of the management and treatment of open aneurysm repair and endovascular stent grafting of aortic aneurysms; this includes complex aortic and thoracic aneurysms.
As a founding member of the diabetic foot MDT at James Cook University Hospital, Mr Nichol has a wealth of experience in the management and treatment of diabetic feet and has lectured on this subject. He is also committed to improving the outcomes of patients with venous leg ulcers and works closely with the tissue viability and community teams to improve the outcomes of patients with this condition.
Mr Nichol is the Training Programme Director for HEENE (Health Education England North East) in which he is responsible for surgical trainees across a range of surgical specialities across the northern region.
Mr Nichol sits on the board of the school of surgery for HEENE, he also sits on the Royal College of Surgeons national CSTAC (Core Surgical Training Advisory Committee).
Mr Nichol is a NICE (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence) topic expert for peripheral vascular disease. NICE provides national guidance, advice and quality standards to improve health and social care.
Mr Nichol also sits on the regional vascular advisory group.
Mr Nichol has been treating patients at the Nuffield Health Tees Hospital since 2006 and is able to offer a full complement of treatment options for the management and treatment of varicose veins and arterial conditions.
He is also able to provide an expert opinion regarding complex arterial conditions. Whilst a number of these conditions cannot be treated or managed within the private hospital setting due to their complexity, he is able to discuss and review these conditions with patients.
- By arrangement
- Consultant Vascular Surgeon, James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough
- Clinical Director for Vascular surgery, James Cook University Hospital
- Programme Director core surgical training, Health Education England North East
- NICE topic expert for peripheral vascular disease
- Managing Clinician, James Cook University Hospital (2014 - 2016)
- Post Graduate Tutor for Quality Improvement of training, James Cook University Hospital (2012 - 2016)
- Deputy Programme Director core surgical training, Health Education England North East (2007 - 2016)
- Course Convenor Basic Surgical Skills, Royal College of Surgeons (2007 - 2013)
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons of England (FRCS)
- CSTAC (Core Surgical Training Advisory Committee)
- Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- Vascular Advisory Group, North East Cardiovascular Network
- Board member of school of surgery, HEENE (Health Education England North East)
In addition to book chapters; research experience and qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Medical Science (B Med Sci) honors degree
- Postgraduate Medical Doctorate (MD).
DeclarationMr Ian Nichol works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
Mr Ian Nichol does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Ian Nichol does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Ian Nichol does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.