Mr Johnson qualified in London. He trained as a senior Registrar in the Midlands; also in USA and France.
His main interest is ear surgery, hearing loss and balance problems - advanced Otology, implant surgery and Skull base surgery as part of the multi-disciplinary service.
He has chaired the International Osseo conference in Newcastle. Ongoing implant research with implant companies.
Special interest in hearing loss and balance problems.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Ian Johnson at Nuffield Health
- Antral washout
- Deviated septum (Septoplasty)
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Excision of skin lesion
- Head and neck oncology
- Nasal polypectomy
- Nose reshaping surgery (rhinoplasty)
- Ear pinning cosmetic surgery (Pinnaplasty)
- Head and neck surgery
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS)
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Submandibular gland removal
- Parotid surgery
- Mastoid surgery
- Middle ear surgery
- Microsuction of ear canal
- Balloon Sinuplasty
- Craniofacial reconstruction
- Facelift surgery
- Grommet insertion
- Larynx diagnostic endoscopy
- Parotid gland removal (parotidectomy)
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Medical Defence Union
Other post held
- Clinical Director and Consultant ENT Surgeon, Freeman Hospital
Insurers Mr Ian Johnson works with
Mr Ian Johnson works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Ian Johnson does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Ian Johnson does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Ian Johnson does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.