- Specialities General Surgery, Breast Surgery
- Telephone Enquiries 02380 984855 Secretary 02380 258434
- Year of first qualification 1970
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 1437489
Mr Royle qualified at the Charing Cross Hospital Medical School, University of London in 1971.
Mr Royle was a lecturer in surgery at Harvard (Massachusetts General Hospital), Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the University of Oxford. He has held both MRC and CRC grants and fellowships.
Mr Royle was appointed as a Senior Lecturer in Southampton in 1983 with interests in General Surgery.
In 1988 Mr Royle was appointed as an NHS Consultant General Surgeon with a specialist interest in breast surgery to the Southampton and Salisbury Breast Screening Unit. His main clinical interests are: breast disease, endocrine eg thyroid and parathyroid, hernias and soft tissue masses including sarcoma.
Other posts have included lead Cancer Clinician for Southampton University Hospitals and National Lead for Cancer Peer Review.
- Thursday 18:00 - 21:00
- Consultant Breast & Endocrine Surgeon Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Honorary Consultant Surgeon St Mary’s Hospital, Isle of Wight
- Honorary Senior Lecturer in Surgery, University of Southampton
- Lead Cancer Clinician Southampton University Hospitals
His main interest areas are as follows:
- Hernia surgery
- Endocrine and soft tissue surgery including sarcoma
Breast disease, thyroid disease, parathyroid disease, hernias, soft tissue lumps and bumps including sarcoma.
- Educated at Epsom College
- Member of Marylebone Cricket Club
- Debretts entry 2009 - People of Today
- Wife: Katherine
- Three children: Elisabeth, Matthew and Thomas
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Breast Group
- British Association of Surgical Oncologists
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain & Ireland
- British Association of Endocrine Surgeons
- Vice President Southampton Medical Society
Mr Royle's current research interest includes the management of screen detected breast cancer and the management of thyroid lesions. Southampton is a national centre for both of these.
DeclarationMr Gavin Royle works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Medical Care Direct
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Gavin Royle does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Gavin Royle does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Gavin Royle does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.