Mr MacKenzie has worked in plastic surgery since 1997 and was appointed a consultant in Plymouth in 2009. His areas of interest are plastic surgery for children, skin cancer and cosmetic surgery. He is the only plastic surgeon in the region with regular children’s operating lists. He treats skin lesions, birthmarks, hypospadias and facial and ear problems in children.
He has been the chair of the Plymouth skin cancer multi-disciplinary team since 2011 and is responsible for ensuring that skin cancer is managed according to NICE guidance. He recently started the sentinel lymph node biopsy service for melanoma at Derriford. He removes skin cancers from all parts of the body and takes particular care with the reconstruction.
Mr MacKenzie has been trained in all types of facial and body rejuvenation techniques. He has a particular interest in breast augmentation and reduction and tummy tuck procedures. He listens carefully to the concerns of patients and does all he can to produce the best possible result from any consultation or procedure.
Mr MacKenzie specialises in the following:
- Children’s plastic surgery
- Skin cancer
- Cosmetic surgery
Teaching and training of junior plastic surgeons.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Duncan MacKenzie at Nuffield Health
- Mole removal
- Breast uplift (mastopexy)
- Dupuytren's fasciectomy
- Breast augmentation (enlargement)
- Facial surgery
- Dermal fillers
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Reshaping)
- Skin surgery
- Hand surgery
- Breast reduction
- Skin cancer surgery
- Labial reduction (labiaplasty)
- Oculoplastic surgery
- Trauma reconstruction
- Cubital tunnel release
- Body contouring
- Fat grafting
- Reconstructive surgery
- Soft tissue lump service
- Ear pinning cosmetic surgery (Pinnaplasty)
- Post bariatric surgery (or body contouring)
- Gynaecomastia (male breast reduction)
- Inverted nipple surgery
- Drooping eyelids (Ptosis correction)
- Otoplasty (ear correction / ear repositioning)
- Tummy tuck (Abdominoplasty)
- Brow lift
Mr MacKenzie is involved in ongoing research projects in hypospadias and skin cancer.
- British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Medical Association
Other post held
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon at Derriford Hospital
Mr Duncan MacKenzie does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Duncan MacKenzie does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Duncan MacKenzie does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.