Mr David Miller is a certified trauma and orthopaedic specialist practitioner. He completed his higher specialist training and passed the FRCS ( Trauma & Orth) and received Certification of Completion of Training ( CCT) IN 2010. Mr Miller then spent 6 months in Melbourne, Australia with further training in shoulder, elbow and hand surgery. His fellowship training included management of simple and complex shoulder conditions and development of shoulder arthroscopic surgery advances.
Mr Miller was appointed Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon in July 2010 at Leighton Hospital in Crewe, which is part of the Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS foundation Trust. Mr Miller has since built up a comprehensive service providing trauma and shoulder elbow and hand surgery to local population of Cheshire and Staffordshire.
He completed his undergraduate training at Edinburgh University Medical School. His early surgical training was in Stoke-On-Trent and he later spent a short period at the Morriston Hospital in Swansea. He then returned to the West Midlands where he undertook most of his higher surgical and specialist training in Trauma and Orthopaedics at The Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Hospital Gobowen, Oswestry.
His main specialist interests include upper limb injuries, rotator cuff tears and impingement related problems, shoulder arthoroscopy, sports injuries of the shoulder and shoulder replacements.
He also has interests in elbow injuries, tennis and golfer's elbow, base of the thumb arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger digits and Dypuytren's contractures.
In his spare time he enjoys being with his family, playing squash and badminton, golf , cricket and following rugby. He also enjoys/ Participates in marathons and half marathons and raises money for Leighton Hospital Charities.
1) Metalwork Prominence and operative interventions for treating olecranon fractures: Systematic review 2018. J Long term Eff Med Implants. 2018;28(4):335-345
2) Iliac crest apophyseal insufficiency avulsion fractures: literature review. Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2018. Jan;100(1):e4-6.
3) Functional outcome and complications at 2.5 years following volar locking plate fixation of distal radius fractures. J Hand Micro Surg. 2015. Jun;7(1):18-24.
4) Four-dimensional computed tomography scans facilitate preoperative planning in snapping scapula syndrome. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2015. Apr;24(4):e83-90.
5) Clinical function and structural integrity of the subscapularis tendon following open shoulder stabilisation. Shoulder & Elbow 2013. 5(1).
6) The new 4-dimensional computed tomographic scanner allows direct visualization and measurement of normal acromioclavicular joint motion in a loaded and unloaded shoulder. J Comput Assist Tomog. 2012. Nov-Dec;36(6):749-54.
7) Book chapter: Oswestry Basic Science Book. Shoulder biomechanics 2012.
8) Previous publications:19 publications between 2005 and 2010 in orthopaedics.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society
- Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland (MDDUS)
Other post held
- Leighton Hospital, MidCheshire NHS Trust, Crewe. Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with a specialist interest in shoulder and upper limb
Insurers Mr David Miller works with
Mr David Miller works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr David Miller does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr David Miller does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr David Miller does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.