- Specialities General Surgery, Key Hole Surgery, Laparoscopy
- Telephone 0116 274 3717
- Year of first qualification 1980
- Email email@example.com
- GMC Number 2652928
- Fax 0800 389 2315
Professor David Lloyd has been offering high-quality surgery to patients in and around Leicestershire since his appointment in 1994. He has been a pioneer in general surgery for decades particularly within the field of laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery. His main interests include gall bladder surgery, treatment of gall stones, hernia surgery, particularly keyhole surgery for hernias and surgery for groin pain.
He has an international reputation for liver surgery and laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery. He trained in the UK, USA and Germany and has published more than 120 papers and 12 book chapters. He teaches surgery not only to surgical trainees but also other consultant surgeons from around the world.
He has a wealth of experience having performed more than 4000 groin hernia operations and 1000 cholecystectomies. Over the past 20 years, he has performed more than 15,000 operations. He also performs keyhole surgery for spleen removal and adrenal removal; he has one of the largest series of splenectomy and adrenalectomy in the UK. Because of his experience, he attracts patients from all over the East Midlands, the UK and from around the world.
In 1998 he developed an operation to treat groin pain known as the Lloyd Release Procedure. This operation is proving highly successful in elite and non-elite athletes who has suffered groin pain for years. High profile athletes such as Jamie Vardy, Michael Carrick, Shane Williams have all had successful outcomes following his procedure.
Professor David Lloyd is fee assured with all major private medical insurance providers. He also accepts fee-paying patients.
- By arrangement
- Tuesday PM
- University Hospital Leicester
- Consultant Hepatobiliary and Laparoscopic Surgeon University Hospitals Leicester.
- Professor of Surgery at University of Leicester
- Royal College of Surgeons England
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain
- International Association of Hepto-Pancreatic-Bilary Surgery
- Medical Protection Society