- Specialities General Surgery, Key Hole Surgery, Laparoscopy
- Telephone 01162 743753
- Year of first qualification 1980
- GMC Number 2652928
- Fax 08003 892315
Mr Lloyd is a Consultant Surgeon specialising in hepatobiliary and laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery and holds private practice at Nuffield Health Leicester Hospital. He trained in the USA, Germany and the UK and has an international reputation in both Laparoscopic and Liver Surgery.
He has a wealth of experience having performed more than 5000 hernia operations and 4000 cholecystectomies in addition to which he has largest personal series of laparoscopic splenectomies of over 250 patients.
Mr Lloyd's particular interest in groin pain has led him to develop The Lloyd Release Procedure - an operation which many top names from the world of sport have successfully undergone.
He has also developed a machine to deliver microwave ablation treatment to liver cancer patients, which is now being used worldwide.
- By arrangement
- University Hospital Leicester
- Senior Lecturer at the University of Leicester
- Royal College of Surgeons England
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain
- International Association of Hepto-Pancreatic-Bilary Surgery
- Medical Protection Society