Mr Milford qualified at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London in 1979. He undertook his postgraduate training in London and Australia. He was appointed to his NHS Consultant position at the John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford and the Horton Hospital, Banbury in 1990 (and in 1992 was made an Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer, University of Oxford). He is currently the senior consultant in the department in Oxford and his private practice is undertaken at the Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford.
He has a broad training in ENT and provides a general adult and paediatric ENT outpatient service both in Oxford and the Horton Hospital, Banbury and therefore sees a wide range of ENT disease in his NHS practice.This case mix is mirrored in his private practice.
During his time in Oxford he has been involved in founding 3 new clinics that now provide a regional/National service:
- The Oxford Head & Neck Cancer Clinic (MDT) was started in 1992 and has developed into the second busiest head & neck cancer clinic in the UK (National Head & Neck Cancer Audit 2011).
- The Oxford Skullbase Clinic was established with his neurosurgical colleague, Richard Kerr in 1992. It was the first multi-disciplinary clinic involving ENT and neurosurgery started in the UK.
- Neurofibromatosis type 2 (NF2) Clinic – this is for a small group of patients with a difficult hereditary condition that leads to complex management problems. Oxford is now one of 4 national centres for the treatment of this condition.
Walking (climbed Kilimanjaro with my son in 2012 , walked the Inca trail with my daughter in 2014).
Vice Chairman of the The Arts Society
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Christopher Milford at Nuffield Health
- Head and neck oncology
- Submandibular gland removal
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons England
Other post held
- Consultant ENT Surgeon, Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals NHS Trust
- Consultant ENT Surgeon, Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
Insurers Mr Christopher Milford works with
Mr Christopher Milford works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Christopher Milford does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Christopher Milford does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Christopher Milford does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.