Mr Carter's surgical training was based primarily in the West of Scotland but also involved a period of training in Japan to acquire specific clinical and technical training in the management of upper GI cancers.
He has been a tertiary level specialist in Upper GI disease for over 15 years and is now the most experienced of three pancreatic surgeons providing the specialist pancreatic service for the West of Scotland population.
He is the past Honorary Secretary of the Pancreatic Society of Great Britain and Ireland and the Secretary of the Pancreatic Section of the British Society of Gastroenterology. He has an International reputation in his field with over 50 invited International lectures and clinical demonstrations in the last 10 years.
His clinical interests involve the surgical and endoscopic (ERCP) management of gallstone disease, dyspepsia including the surgical management of reflux oesophagitis.
Mr Carter specialises in the following treatments at Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital:
- Benign upper GI surgery
- Pancreatico-biliary surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Dyspepsia management
- Endoscopy/ ERCP and hernia management ( open and laparoscopic )
- Benign Upper GI surgery
- Diagnostic and therapeutic upper GI Endoscopy
- Complex laparoscopy
- Gallstone Disease including ERCP
- Pancreatic disease including the management of pancreatic cancer, acute and chronic pancreatitis.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr C Ross Carter at Nuffield Health
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Gastric band (lap banding)
- Obesity surgery (or weightloss surgery)
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy (or gastroscopy)
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Weight loss surgery
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
Laboratory and clinic research into the treatment of pancreatic cancer, acute and chronic pancreatitis
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- Association of Upper GI Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- British Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society
- European Pancreatic Club
- International Association of Pancreatology
- Pancreatic Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- Society of Surgery of the Alimentary Tract (USA)
Other post held
- Consultant Upper GI and Pancreatico-biliary Surgeon, West of Scotland Pancreatic Unit, Glasgow Royal Infirmary
- Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Medicine, University of Glasgow
Insurers Mr C Ross Carter works with
Mr C Ross Carter works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr C Ross Carter does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr C Ross Carter does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr C Ross Carter does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.