Mr Bruce George specialises in
- Crohn's disease
- Ulcerative colitis and inflammatory bowel disease
- Diverticular disease.
- All types of hernia
- Pilonidal sinus
- Anal fistula's
- Colonoscopy and flexible sigmoidoscopy.
- Pouch surgery.
- Laparoscopic colorectal surgery,
- Colon cancers.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Bruce George at Nuffield Health
- Endoscopic ultrasound
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Hernia repair
- Reflux surgery
- Excision of skin lesion
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
- Colorectal screening
- Colorectal surgery
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy (or gastroscopy)
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Thyroid surgery
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Arterial Surgery
- Anterior resection
Recent research papers include:
- "Pre-operative chemoradiotherapy and total mesorectal excision surgery for locally advanced rectal cancer: correlation with rectal cancer regression grade."; Goerge B D et al; Dis. Colon Rectum; Dec 2004; 47 (12): 2025-31.
- "Digital rectal examination of sphincter pressures in chronic anal fissure is unreliable."; George B D et al; Dis. Colon Rectum; Feb 2005; 48 (2): 349-52.
- "Neoadjuvant therapy for rectal cancer: improved tumour response, local recurrence, and overall survival in neoanemic patients."; George B D et al; Dis. Colon Rectum; Jun 2005; 48 (6): 1153-60.
- "Long-term follow-up of strictureplasty for Crohn's disease."; Br. J. Surg.; Apr 2006; 93 (4): 475-82.
- Medical Defence Union
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
Other post held
- Consultant Colorectal Surgeon, John Radcliffe Hospital
Insurers Mr Bruce George works with
Mr Bruce George works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Bruce George does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Bruce George does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Bruce George does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.