- Specialities Orthopaedics, Joint replacement
- Telephone 01444 476 732
- Year of first qualification 1997
- Email HaywardsHeath.email@example.com
- GMC Number 4413044
- Fax 01444 476 778
Benedict is a graduate of University of Oxford (Christ Church), St George’s Hospital Medical School (University of London), UCL and University of Toronto.
Benedict was trained in the South West Thames Orthopaedic Programme during which time he was awarded the FRCS (Orth), DipSEM and DipIMC.
His clinical and research interests centre on hip and knee arthroplasty, pelvic and acetabular surgery, lower limb trauma reconstructive surgery, outcome measures following joint replacement and orthopaedic training and education.
Benedict undertook two clinical fellowships at Mount Sinai Hospital Hospital & Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre; both world-renowned academic units at University of Toronto.
He was trained by several eminent surgeons including Professor Allan Gross, Professor Hans Kreder, Professor Marvin Tile, Dr Joseph Schatzker.
At the conclusion of his fellowship training, in addition to his Fellowship Diploma, he was awarded the Zane Cohen Fellowship Achievement Award by the University of Toronto; the first time had been awarded to an orthopaedic surgeon.
Since July 2012 Benedict Rogers has been a Consultant in Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery consulting in Surrey and Sussex.
He is an NHS Consultant at Brighton & Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust and an Honorary Reader at Brighton & Sussex Medical School.
Mr Rogers specialises in the following treatments at Nuffield Health Brighton Hospital:
Mr Rogers specialises in the following treatments at Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospital:
- Monday 08:00 - 12:00
- Wednesday 09:00 - 12:00
- Thursday 14:30 - 18:30
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Honorary Reader at Brighton & Sussex Medical School
- Sussex Medical School (University of Sussex)
A keen sportsman having completed over 15 marathons, five Ironman triathlons and whilst at university was awarded an Oxford blue for rugby league.
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons (Eng)
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Hip Society
- AO Trauma
- British Medical Association
Benedict has an extensive and ongoing research portfolio covering basic science and clinical practice, incorporating collaborations with industry and various university departments.
His interests include hip and knee arthroplasty, pelvic and acetabular surgery, lower limb trauma reconstructive surgery, outcome measures following joint replacement and orthopaedic training and education.
He currently has over 70 scientific publications, including 10 book chapters. Benedict has made over 80 presentations worldwide, including several at the British Orthopaedic Association and American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, with a number awarded prizes.
Editorial Peer Reviewer for following scientific journals:
- Bone & Joint Journal (formerly JBJS Br)
- Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery (JBJS Am),
- Clinical Orthopaedic and Related Research (CORR)
- Journal of Arthroplasty
- Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer (Brighton & Sussex Medical School)
- Specialty Training Committee representative for Health Education Kent Surrey Sussex (HE KSS)
- Surrey & Sussex Injuries and emergencies Research lead for National Institute of Health Research (NIHR)
- Orthopaedic Research and education Brighton & Sussex University Hospitals.
Mr Rogers has recently been awarded a PhD for his thesis on ‘Optimizing the outcome of hip & knee replacements’.
DeclarationMr Benedict Rogers works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Benedict Rogers does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Benedict Rogers does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Benedict Rogers does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.