Mr Parsons has been working in the area of menopause and women’s hormones for over 40 years, and continues to give lectures and train health professionals around the country.
He has been a gynaecology consultant since 1985. He currently works for the NHS in Coventry, having previously been a consultant at Rugby Hospital of St Cross and University Hospital, Coventry as well as being an Associate Clinical Professor at the University of Warwick where he carried out research and founded and directed the University’s Masters Course in Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare.
More recently he was a member of the Committee which drew up research-based National Guidelines on the Management of the Menopause for the National Institute of Healthcare Excellence (NIHCE) and continues to be on their Advisory Panel.
Menopause and related problems.
Premature menopause, Premenstrual syndrome and all problems relating to women’s hormones, hormonal management of transgender issues.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Anthony Parsons at Nuffield Health
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- Hormone treatment for excess hair
- Local anaesthetic
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM)
- Blood test
- Core biochemistry screens
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Endocrine investigations
- Gynaecological biopsies
- Gynaecological ultrasound
- Haematology profiles
- Breast screening (Mammogram)
- Osteoporosis screen
- Ovarian screening
- Rheumatology profiles
- Fatigue screen
- Vitamin deficiency test
- Cardiovascular risk profile
- Gluten sensitivity screening
Mr Parsons has been involved in the publication of 21 original research papers and has written one book and five chapters in textbooks.
- British Menopause Society (Founding Chairman)
- International Menopause Society (Foundation member)
- North American Menopause Society
- National Osteoporosis Society
- Royal Society of Medicine
Other post held
- Consultant Gynaecologist, Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust
Mr Anthony Parsons does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Anthony Parsons does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Anthony Parsons does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.