Mr Saad graduated in Zagazig University in Egypt in 2005 with an excellent and with honours. He did his basic ophthalmology training in the same university where he acquired master's and doctorate degrees in ophthalmology. He then became a lecturer and consultant before moving to the UK in 2013.
Having completed his higher sub-speciality training in the UK, he undertook two fellowships in the prestigious Bristol Eye Hospital (one in medical retina/uveitis and one in vitreoretinal surgery). He is currently a consultant ophthalmologist at South Tees Hospitals, where he specialises in cataract and retinal surgery.
Mr Saad has performed more than 5000 cataract surgeries with special experience in complex cases. His MD thesis was in toric implants. He has a special interest in the management of retinal diseases and performs suture-less retinal surgery for a range of retinal disorders.
He is also a college tutor and Education lead in the ophthalmology department at James Cook University Hospital. He is the principal investigator in three large UK multi-centre trials focused on retina and uveitis. He has several publications in peer reviewed journals focused on retina surgery as well as uveitis.
- Simple and complex Cataract surgery with Toric lens implants
- Macular hole
- Epiretinal Membrane Vitreomacular traction
- Retinal detachment surgery
- Age-related macular degeneration
- Uveitis and autoimmune eye diseases
- Diabetic eye diseases
- Retinal vein occlusion
- Intravitreal Injection of anti-VEGF treatment
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Ahmed Saad at Nuffield Health
- Anterior segment
- Cataract Surgery
- Pars Plana Vitrectomy with Internal Limiting Membrane Peeling in Traumatic Macular Hole: 14% Perfluoropropane (C 3 F 8) versus Silicone Oil Tamponade - PubMed (nih.gov)
- Staphylococcus lugdunensis endophthalmitis following dexamethasone intravitreal implant - PubMed (nih.gov)
- Case report of post streptococcal multifocal choroiditis in a young pregnant female: A success story - PubMed (nih.gov)
- Comparison between different techniques for treatment of submacular haemorrhage due to Age-Related Macular Degeneration - PubMed (nih.gov)
- A Novel Technique for Repositioning of a Migrated ILUVIEN(®) (Fluocinolone Acetonide) Implant into the Anterior Chamber - PubMed (nih.gov)
- Diabetic macular oedema and diode subthreshold micropulse laser (DIAMONDS): study protocol for a randomised controlled trial - PubMed (nih.gov)
- Evaluation of a New Model of Care for People with Complications of Diabetic Retinopathy: The EMERALD Study - PubMed (nih.gov)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists in London
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Glasgow
- Fellow of the International Council of Ophthalmology
- Member of the Faculty of Surgical trainers in Edinburgh
- Member of the British and Eire Association of Vitreoretinal Surgeons (BEAVRS)
Insurers Mr Ahmed Saad works with
Mr Ahmed Saad works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Healix Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Ahmed Saad does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Ahmed Saad does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Ahmed Saad does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.