Considerable experience and specialist skills developed since qualifying in June 2000 in all areas of Restorative Dentistry including Implant Dentistry, Endodontics and Fixed/Removable Prosthodontics at several UK hospital/practice units.
By the end of 2011 at St George’s Hospital, London, I was awarded Specialist in Restorative Dentistry and all three Monospecialties (Fixed/Removable Prosthodontics, Endodontics & Periodontics). Later I was appointed as the first post-CCST 1-year Clinical & Surgical Head & Neck Fellow (in any dental specialty) gaining additional specialist surgical and restorative experience in Head & Neck Cancer Oral Rehabilitation.
Since 2012, I have been practicing as a Consultant in Restorative Dentistry & Oral/Facial Rehabilitation at Central Manchester University Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust having published widely in my field both nationally and internationally. I am also a Specialty Advisor in Restorative Dentistry (Yorkshire) and a recognized Member and Fellow of the Royal Colleges of Surgeons of England, Edinburgh and Glasgow. My specialist interests and skills centre around the treatment of simple and complex dental implant rehabilitation, fixed/Removable prosthodontics and the restorative dentistry/oral surgery interface.
Winner of first prize ‘Watssman Prize of Clinical Dental Practice’ and ‘FGDPRCS Yorkshire Division Vocational Dental Practice’ case presentations.
Dental Implants/Oral Surgery/Dentistry
General restorative dentistry and oral surgery.
Spare time is devoted to my loving wife and children. I enjoy travelling and spending quality and memorable times with my young family
English & Arabic
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Ahmed Al-Khayatt at Nuffield Health
- Oral (dental) imaging
- Orthopantomogram (OPG)
- Removing wisdom teeth
- Tooth Removal (Extraction)
- J Oral Rehabil. May 2013; 40(5):389-40. Research review paper - ‘Direct composite restorations for the worn mandibular anterior dentition: a 7-year follow-up of a prospective randomised controlled split-mouth clinical trial’.
- Cochrane Database; Syst Rev. 28th Feb 2013; Issue 2 (CD008857) - Cochrane review (co-author) ‘Dental extractions prior to radiotherapy to the jaws for reducing post-radiotherapy dental complications’.
- March 2010. British Society for the Study of Prosthetic Dentistry - Poster ‘A Technique To Restore Closely Converging Implants’ & Poster 'An Overview of the Reconstructive Options of the Segmentally Resected Mandible: A Restorative Perspective’.
- September 2008. Evidence Based Dentistry 2008; Vol. 9, Issue 3: 77 - Commentary ‘Soft Tissue Handling during Implant Placement’.
- June 2008. Evidence Based Dentistry 2008; Vol. 9, Issue 2: 50. - Commentary (co-author) ‘No Difference Between Failure rates of Early and Conventionally Loaded Implants’.
- 12th June 2007. Regional Hospital Audit Day, Mayday University Hospital. - Poster ‘Dental Periapical Radiography: An Audit of the Radiography Department’ & Poster ‘Inflammatory Root Resorption of an Avulsed Tooth: A Case Report’.
- 11th June 2005. British Dental Journal 2005. Vol. 198, 11: 687-688. - Case report ‘Complications Following Replantation of a Primary Incisor: A Cautionary Tale’.
- 18th September 2003. International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry 2003; Vol.13, No.5: 15. - Poster ‘Complications Following Replantation of a Primary Incisor: A Cautionary Tale’.
- British Society of Prosthodontics
Other post held
- Consultant in Restorative Dentistry and Head & Neck Oral/Facial Rehabilitation at Central Manchester University Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust & Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Mr Ahmed Al-Khayatt works with
Mr Ahmed Al-Khayatt works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Ahmed Al-Khayatt does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Ahmed Al-Khayatt does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Ahmed Al-Khayatt does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.