Miss Rani Sebastian is a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon, who has worked at Bristol Eye Hospital since 2012. She has a special interest in glaucoma and neuro-ophthalmology, and is the clinical subspecialty co-lead for glaucoma.
She completed her subspecialty training in glaucoma and neuro-ophthalmology from Mersey Deanery and Birmingham. Her subspecialty in glaucoma also includes uveitis associated glaucoma, trabeculectomy, and non-penetrating glaucoma surgery. She also specialises in neuro-ophthalmology, with as well as tube drainage surgery and complex cataract surgery.
Miss Sebastian is a panellist in the national accreditation process for glaucoma higher qualifications with the College of Optometrists, and is an advisory member of UK Glaucoma.
- Cataract surgery
English, Malayalam, Hindi
Treatments and tests offered by Miss Rani Sebastian at Nuffield Health
- Eyelid cyst removal
- YAG Capsulotomy
- Cataract Surgery
- Intraocular Pressure Reduction After Real-world Cataract Surgery; Journal of Glaucoma; May 2020
- Reduced Macular Vessel Density and Capillary Perfusion in Glaucoma Detected Using OCT Angiography; Current Eye Research; December 2018
- Member of Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- UK and Eire Glaucoma Society
- British Isles Neuro-Ophthalmology Society
Other posts held
- Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon and Glaucoma Subspecialty Clinical Lead, Bristol Eye Hospital
Insurers Miss Rani Sebastian works with
Miss Rani Sebastian works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Miss Rani Sebastian does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Miss Rani Sebastian does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Miss Rani Sebastian does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.