- Specialities Key Hole Surgery, Orthopaedics, Liposculpture, Sports Medicine
- Telephone 01273 627 007 (Brighton enquiries and appointments) 0207 8814183 (Medical Secretary)
- Year of first qualification 1998
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- GMC Number 4548720
- Website https://www.sportstraumadoc.co.uk
- Fax 020 7881 4182
Lt Col Caesar has worked as a Consultant in London at both St Mary’s and Chelsea and Westminster Hospitals, before being posted to Brighton by the Army as part of the Major Trauma Centre.
He trained on the renowned Oswestry orthopaedic rotation.
He has been fellowship trained in both Upper Limb and Soft Tissue Knee surgery. He has been the SORT-iT Research Fellow into Trauma in Edinburgh where he wrote his doctorate thesis on fracture patterns. He has worked in Kenya on a Trauma Fellowship and undertaken an operational tour to Afghanistan at the Role 3 Hospital in Camp Bastion.
He has worked as a doctor for the Scottish Rugby Union, working for the Edinburgh District, Edinburgh Rugby, Scotland U21, Scottish Exiles and Fiji on their tour of Scotland in 2003.
He teaches on ATLS courses and has taught on pitch side medical management courses (REMO and Scrumcaps).
- Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon at Brighton and Sussex University Hospital NHS Trust
- Sports Injuries
- Shoulder, Upper Limb
- Soft Tissue Knee
Running, Cycling, Swimming, Rugby, Cricket, Tennis, Paddle boarding, Music and Theatre
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Medical Association
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society
- British Orthopaedic Sports Trauma and Arthroscopy Association
- Combined Services Orthopaedic Society
Doctorate Thesis: Fracture patterns and their relationship to social deprivation Papers:
- BC Caesar, GA McCollum, R Elliot, A Williams, JD Calder - Stress fractures of the tibia and medial malleolus. Foot and Ankle Clinics (2013) 18(2): 339-55
- JE Fitzgerald and BC Caesar - The European Working Time Directive: a practical review for surgical trainees. International Journal of Surgery (2012) 10(8): 399-403
- AM Wood, GA Robertson, L Rennie, BC Caesar, CM Court-Brown - The epidemiology of sports-related fractures in adolescents. Injury (2010) 41(8): 834-8
- CM Court-Brown, T Hamilton, S Aitken, L Rennie, B Caesar - Non-operative fracture treatment in the modern era. Journal of Trauma (2010) 69(3): 699-707
- BC Caesar, RL Morgan-Jones, RE Warren, RH Wade, PJ Roberts, JB Richardson - Longterm follow-up of patients treated with Lautenbach procedure for diaphyseal chronic osteomyelitis. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (Br) (2009) 91-B; 9: 1243-1248
- BC Caesar and SJ Roberts - Stress fractures of the Femoral Diaphysis. Operative Techniques in Sports Medicine (2009) 17; 2: 94-99
- BC Caesar, AA Qureshi, SM Hay - Locked and angulated fracture of the scapula blade in a 15-year-old rugby player: a closed manipulation technique for reduction. European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology (2009) 19:93-95
- CM Court-Brown and B Caesar - Epidemiology of adult fractures: A review. Injury. Aug 2006, 37(8), 691-697.
- B Caesar, PM Middleton, LD Watkins - Sudden onset of vomiting as a presentation of perimesencephalic subarachnoid haemorrhage. Eur J Emerg Med. Aug 2005, 12(4), 185-187.
- BC Caesar and T Russell Transoral resection of odontoid process fragment in a rheumatoid patient using Coblation electrosurgery. Br J Neurosurg. Feb 2005, 19(1), 77-78.
- DW Laight, J Matz, B Caesar, MJ Carrier & EE Anggard - Investigation of endogenous nitric oxide function in the carotid artery of cholesterolfed rabbits. British Journal of Pharmacology. 1996; 117, 1471-1474.
DeclarationLt Col Benjamin C Caesar works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP International
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Lt Col Benjamin C Caesar does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Lt Col Benjamin C Caesar does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Lt Col Benjamin C Caesar does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.