Dr Galbraith is a Chartered Counselling Psychologist (HCPC Registered) and Coaching Psychologist (British Psychological Society (BPS) Registered). She provides a safe, professional, respectful and confidential service for individuals to explore any difficulties or issues they may be experiencing. Throughout her employment to date, Dr Galbraith has worked within the NHS and the private sector; and for many years as a professional trainer of doctoral counselling psychology trainees. She also currently sits on the BPS Training Committee for Counselling Psychology and acts as convenor or visitor for the accreditation of counselling psychology training programmes.
Dr Galbraith has experience of working therapeutically, and in training others to work, with a wide variety of client difficulties and diagnoses, from personal development/growth and relationship problems to mild, moderate and severe mental health difficulties.
Dr Galbraith’s work involves (but is not restricted to) providing psychological therapy for the effects of childhood sexual abuse, relationship breakdown/ relationship issues, domestic violence, major trauma, anxiety and depression, eating disorders, phobias, postnatal depression, antenatal anxiety, low self-esteem, low self-confidence, sexuality issues, bullying, work-related issues, stress, self-harm and post-traumatic stress disorder. However, she also works with individuals without any specific difficulties who are interested in their own personal development and growth.
- Specialist clinical interest lies within adult mental health
- Currently co-editing and writing two chapters for the 4th edition of the Handbook of Counselling Psychology, to be published by Sage Publications in 2015.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Victoria Galbraith at Nuffield Health
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Douglas, B., Woolfe, R., Strawbridge, S., Kasket, E., & Galbraith, V. (Eds) (2015). Handbook of Counselling Psychology (4th ed). London: Sage Publications
- Galbraith, N. D., Morgan, C. J., Jones, C. L., Ormerod, D. R., Galbraith, V. E., & Manktelow, K. I. (in press). The mediating effect of affect: Different pathways from self and other schemas to persecutory ideation. Canadian Journal of Behavioural Science.
- Eshareturi, C., Serrant-Green, L., Bayliss-Pratt, L. & Galbraith, V. E. (2014). Health and social care services for ex-offenders: a review of the literature. International Journal for Equity in Health.
- Galbraith, V. E. (2013). The Pride and Identity of the Red Dragon (Y Ddraig Goch): Suit of armour or Double-edged sword? Invited Keynote Public Lecture, BPS Division of Counselling Psychology Annual Conference, Cardiff, 13th July 2013.
- Bernard, C., Galbraith, V. E. & Darby, R. (2013). An exploration into the experiences of police interviewing on female rape victims. Poster presented at Society for Psychotherapy UK Chapter Conference, September 2013.
- Buchan, C. Galbraith, V. E., & Carey, T. C. (2013). An interpretative phenomenological analysis investigation into men’s experience of psychological change without psychotherapy. Poster presented at BPS Division of Counselling Psychology Annual Conference, Cardiff, July 2013.
- Health and Care Professions Council – Registered Counselling Psychologist
- British Psychological Society – Associate Fellow & Chartered Psychologist
- Division of Counselling Psychology of the British Psychological Society
- Special Group in Coaching Psychology of the British Psychological Society – Registered Coaching Psychologist
- Qualitative Methods in Psychology Section of the British Psychological Society
- Higher Education Academy – Registered Practitioner & Fellow
- HypnoBirthing Association – Registered HypnoBirthing Practitioner
Other posts held
- Programme Director & Senior Lecturer for Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology, University of Wolverhampton
- Counselling Psychologist & Coaching Psychologist in Independent Practice
Dr Victoria Galbraith does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Victoria Galbraith does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Victoria Galbraith does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.