Simon Everett was born and schooled in the south of England; he trained at Leeds and qualified in 1991. He commenced work as a gastroenterology consultant in Leeds in 2001 and since then has worked as Lead Clinician and/or Clinical Director from 2008 until 2019.
Simon draws from a vast experience in all forms of clinical gastroenterology. He has special expertise in managing inflammatory bowel diseases and conditions of the upper gastrointestinal tract, pancreas and biliary tree. He specialises in endoscopy having skills in high quality upper endoscopy, colonoscopy and small bowel capsule endoscopy. He performs endoscopic ultrasound of the stomach, oesophagus and pancreas. He has expertise in most forms of interventional endoscopy including ERCP (endoscopy of bile duct and pancreas), endoscopic dilatations and resections.
Simon has worked on many national and international committees – currently he is active on the British Pancreatic committee and the European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy guidelines committee.
Simon is committed to improving endoscopic training. He has created YSET (Yorkshire School of Endoscopic Therapy), a collaboration with colleagues to provide live endoscopy training. He runs endoscopy training courses in Leeds and is heavily involved in contributions to BSG live endoscopy courses.
- All forms of clinical gastroenterology
- Inflammatory bowel disease diagnosis and treatment
- Gastrointestinal reflux disease
- All forms of high-quality diagnostic endoscopy
- Early upper gastrointestinal cancer detection and assessment
- Interventional endoscopy including ERCP, dilatations, stenting procedures, mucosal resections and polypectomy
- Small bowel capsule endoscopy
Outside of work, Simon has a family with 3 sons and a dog. He enjoys music and outdoor activities including all forms of cycling, fell running and ski mountaineering.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Simon Everett at Nuffield Health
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy (or gastroscopy)
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangio-pancreatogram (or ERCP)
- Capsule endoscopy
Over 60 published articles. Original research on H. pylori links with gastric cancer, GI bleeding and inflammatory bowel disease. Recent publications include review articles on inflammatory bowel disease and oesophageal stricturing. Dr Simon Everett is lead author of the British guidelines for consent for endoscopy (2016) and has co-authored the European guidelines on colorectal stenting.
- British Society of Gastroenterology (BSG)
- United European Gastroenterology (UEG)
- European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE)
Other post held
- Consultant Gastronenterologist, Leeds Teaching Hospitals, NHS Trust
Insurers Dr Simon Everett works with
Dr Simon Everett works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Healix Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Simon Everett does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Simon Everett does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Simon Everett does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.