I am a Consultant Medical Oncologist at York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and Harrogate and District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. I have been in post since 2010. I am the clinical lead for chemotherapy services. I am also Clinical Lecturer at the Hull & York Medical School.
I am UK-born, and grew up on the South Coast of England. After completing my training at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital Medical College & The Royal London, I worked in hospitals in Kent, Essex and London. I completed my training in Medical Oncology in London and the South East including The Royal Marsden Hospital, Guys and St Thomas’ and The Kent Oncology Centre.
My BSc was in Human Genetics at UCL and I spent 3 years at The University of Kent lecturing and carrying out cancer research in the field of growth factor receptors. Currently, I am research active and involved with collaborative clinical trials at York and Harrogate.
My spare time is spent with my family and climbing, swimming, reading and guitar.
I specialise in the management and treatment of Lung Cancer and Bowel Cancer. I also have an interest in the treatment of Neuroendocrine Cancers and Cancer of Unknown Origin.
Anti-EGFR cancer drugs therapeutics
Climbing, reading and guitar and time with family.
- University College London: Chronic granulomatous disease genetic research
- St Bartholomew’s Hospital: H.influenza type B
- Royal Marsden Hospital: Colorectal cancer
- University of Kent: Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Biology & Cancer Therapeutics
- Clinical Trials in Lung and Colorectal Cancer at York and Harrogate Hospitals
- Royal College of Physicians
- Medical Protection Society
- Association of Cancer Physicians
- Yorkshire Clinical Chemotherapy Network Group
Other post held
- Consultant in Medical Oncology at York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Consultant in Medical Oncology at Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Dr Samuel K Chan works with
Dr Samuel K Chan works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Samuel K Chan does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Samuel K Chan does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Samuel K Chan does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.