During her 6 years as Clinical Lead, Dr Vaughan Jones introduced a number of key improvements to the Dermatology service, including GP educational study days, one stop clinics with same day surgery, community clinics, nurse–led surgery and regular management business meetings.
Her current roles include:
- Educational supervisor to GP Specialist trainees in Dermatology (ST2 and ST3)
- Supervisor – nurse led surgery (minor surgical and local anaesthetic techniques)
- QESP Part 2 (Qualification in Educational Supervision) completed Deanery Feb 2011
- Leader Board on European Task Force for Pregnancy Dermatoses - EADV
- Mentor - Work experience students – rotating through dept to get insight into hospital medicine at a busy District General Hospital
- Medical Student interviews – Kings London (2011 onwards)
Specialist interests include skin cancer, skin surgery, laser, connective tissue disease, paediatric dermatology, dermatopathology and immunofluorescence. Dr Vaughan Jones main area of expertise is in obstetric and gynaecological dermatology. She particularly enjoys teaching and mentoring junior colleagues, nurses and GPs.
- Qualified Fitness Instructor (Bodypump, Zumba, Step, Body Conditioning, Aqua)
English and basic French
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Samantha Vaughan Jones at Nuffield Health
- Excisional biopsy
On gaining her Consultant post she continued this interest by establishing a specialist pregnancy dermatoses clinic at St John’s Institute and developed strong links with the obstetric unit at St Thomas’. She continued to do one clinical and one academic session there per week for 2 years (1997-9). In 2011 she set up a regional pregnancy skin clinic in the local area and hopes to expand this service in the future.
- British Medical Association
- Royal Society of Medicine
- British Association of Dermatology
- The Dowling Club
- St John’s Dermatology Society
- European Academy of Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
Other post held
- Ashford and St Peter’s Foundation Trust
Insurers Dr Samantha Vaughan Jones works with
Dr Samantha Vaughan Jones works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP Healthcare
Dr Samantha Vaughan Jones does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Samantha Vaughan Jones does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Samantha Vaughan Jones does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.