Dr McIntosh completed his medical degree in Scotland before undertaking specialist cardiac training in London, working within centres of excellence including Imperial College and The Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Trust. Prior to his appointment as a consultant in the UK he spent two years within international fellowship posts in Wellington, NZ (Cardiac Electrophysiology and Complex Cardiac Device Implantation) and in Waikato, NZ (Coronary Artery Intervention and Structural Heart Disease).
Dr McIntosh specialises in the diagnosis and invasive treatment of coronary artery disease by angioplasty and in the implantation of cardiac rhythm management devices such as pacemakers and defibrillators. He holds a further special interest in the management of heart failure and in the implantation of cardiac resynchronisation therapy. He has pursued research interests in the field and was previously recognised as ‘Scientific investigator of the Year,’ by the British Society of Echocardiography.
In his NHS practice Dr McIntosh is based at The Royal Derby Hospital where he leads the Cardiac Devices and Heart Failure Services. He also acts for the Heart Attack and Interventional Cardiology Service in Derbyshire, treating both emergencies and stable patients whom have coronary artery disease.
- Interventional Cardiology and coronary artery disease
- Cardiac Device Therapy (Pacemaker/ICD/CRT)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Valve Disease
- Syncope and Faints
- Workup for Cardiac Surgery
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Rob McIntosh at Nuffield Health
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Event monitor
- Cardiovascular risk profile
- Transthoracic echocardiogram (TTE)
- Local anaesthetic
- DVLA Testing and Driving Risk Profile
- Cardiac clinical pharmacology
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM)
Previous and on-going research projects in Heart Failure, Cardiac Rehabilitation, Cardiac Device Therapy and Interventional Cardiology.
- The Royal College of Physicians
- The British Cardiovascular Society
- Medical and Dental Defence Union Scotland
Other post held
- The Royal Derby Hospital – Consultant in Interventional Cardiology, Heart Failure and Cardiac Devices
- Trent Cardiac Centre Nottingham – Honorary Consultant in Implantable Cardiac Devices
Insurers Dr Rob McIntosh works with
Dr Rob McIntosh works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Bupa On Demand
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Rob McIntosh does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Rob McIntosh does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Rob McIntosh does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.