Dr Carr qualified Sheffield University Medical School (1991). Histopathology training culminating in 4 years, Clinical Lecturer, St Thomas' Hospital, London. Participated in NIH funded international study into pathology of cerebral malaria.
Developed interest in Dermatopathology training with world renowned experts Dr Phillip H. McKee and Dr Eduardo Calonje, St Thomas' hospital.
Passed Royal College of Pathologists (RCPath) Expert Diploma in Dermatopathology becaming an examiner from 2005. Receives cases for expert opinions from histopathologists throughout the UK. Sits on the executive committee of the UK Dermatopathology EQA scheme.
Dr Carr has authored/co-authored >80 published papers and lectures regionally, nationally and internationally in dermatopathology.
Active research interests in dermatopathology and laboratory organisation in cellular pathology. Member of the RCPath working group for workload and job planning in cellular pathology.
Dr Carr organises a national and international slide of club of leading experts in melanocytic pathology (allied with the National Dermatopathology EQA scheme). Commited to post-graduate teaching, receives regular local, national and international visitors to share his extensive slide collection. Dr Carr participates in the e-learning site, Dermpathpro, providing regular cases for the popular “Spot Diagnosis” section.
- Consultant Histopathologist, South Warwickshire NHS Trust
- Consultant Histopathologist & Dermatopathologist, Warwick Hospital CV34 5BH
- Royal College of Pathologists
- Association of Clinical Pathologists
- International Association of Pathologists
- British Society of Dermatopathologists
- International Society of Dermatopathology
- Anglo-Belgium-French Dermatopathology Society
- Medical Protection Society
- Follicular squamous cell carcinoma.
Dr Richard A. Carr does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Richard A. Carr does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Richard A. Carr does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.