Dr Mahesh Babu is a Consultant Paediatrician at the Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital. He has 22 years’ experience as Consultant Paediatrician at Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford.
Mr Babu’s special interests are General and Neonatal Paediatrics and Paediatric Cardiology. He is proficient in conducting Echocardiography in children and interpreting ECG and 24 hour ambulatory ECG recordings in children.
Mr Babu did his paediatric registrar training at Queen Charlotte Hospital in London and Senior Registrar training at the University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff.
- General and Neonatal Paediatrics
- Paediatrician with Special Expertise in Paediatric Cardiology
- Paediatric Echocardiography
- Paediatric ECG
- 24 hr Holter monitoring
Badminton, Reading, Travel
English, Hindi and Malayalam
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Raghavan Nair Mahesh Babu at Nuffield Health
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
Antibiotic absorption from conjunctivae of neonates: comparison of chloroamphenicol and Fucidin” - carried out at Queen Charlotte’s Hospital, London.
Prospective study of the distribution and origin of staphylococcal sepsis carried out at: Neonatal unit Royal Hospital, Muscat .
European Study for Paediatric Infectious Diseases (participant in trial comparing ceftazidime plus ampicillin- and gentamicin plus penicillin for neonatal sepsis) carried out at Queen Charlotte’s Hospital.
Involved in All Wales audit of the outcome of babies less than 1500 Gms.
- EPICURE 2 : Population based outcome for births before 27 weeks gestational age in England in 2006 -- Local investigator and Co-ordinator at Chelmsford
- TPOC (Thames Paediatric Oncology Centre) DGH paediatric representive of the " Shared Care Sub-Group"
- North East London Cancer Network - member of the Paediatric Tumour Advisory Group
- The BLISS cluster randomised control trial of effect of 'Active Dissemination of Information' on standards of care for premature babies in England ( BEADI trial) - Dr Babu was the regional champion for Essex
- Children's Cancer and Leukaemia Group trial - UK ALL 2003 trial - the aim is to see if children with ALL and low minimal residual disease (MRD) reading can safely have less treatment and to see if children with ALL and high MRD will have a lower risk of relapse if they have more intensive treatment - contributor
- "National Neonatal Audit Data Set" - local contributor
- Contributor to "ADEPT" (Abnormal Doppler Enteral Prescription Trial) - There is no consensus about how to feed growth restricted babies born prematurely after abnormal antenatal Dopplers; This randomised controlled trial aim to determine whether a policy of early initiation of milk feeds is beneficial when compared to late initiation.
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Physicians
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- British Medical Association
- The Medical Defence Union
- British Congenital Cardiac Association
Other post held
- Consultant Paediatrician at Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford
Insurers Dr Raghavan Nair Mahesh Babu works with
Dr Raghavan Nair Mahesh Babu works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP International
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Raghavan Nair Mahesh Babu does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Raghavan Nair Mahesh Babu does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Raghavan Nair Mahesh Babu does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.