Dr Prabhath Fernando is a Consultant in Medicine for Older People and General (Internal) Medicine attached to Taunton and Somerset Foundation Trust. Having completed his primary qualification he specialised in General (Internal) Medicine and Geriatric Medicine.
He is passionate about managing older people with multiple complex diseases and providing peri operative care for people with acute and chronic medical conditions undergoing surgery. His areas of expertise also include management of patients with osteoporosis, falls, confusion and memory deficits and Parkinson’s disease.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Prabhath Fernando at Nuffield Health
- Care for the elderly
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM)
- Royal College of Physicians of London
- British Geriatrics Society
- Ceylon College of Physicians
- Medical Defence Union
Other post held
- Consultant Physician, Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton
- Consultant Physician, Nuffield Health, Taunton