Dr Pamela Leventis is a Consultant Rheumatologist at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust. She trained at Kings College London, qualifying in 2000 with distinctions in Medicine and Pathology and a 1st class honours BSc in Biomedical Sciences. She gained her Rheumatology training at Barts and The London, Kings College London and St.George’s amongst other South London hospitals. She obtained her Rheumatology MSc in 2006 with distinction and became a Consultant in 2011.
Dr Leventis has experience in the diagnosis and treatment of inflammatory and non-inflammatory arthritis, connective tissue diseases, back pain, fibromyalgia and regional rheumatic conditions. She has a special interest in Vitamin D and bone health and leads the Osteoporosis and Metabolic Bone service at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells Hospitals. She has regular outpatient clinics at Maidstone, Pembury and Crowborough Hospitals and sees inpatient Rheumatology referrals.
Dr. Leventis is also a keen medical educationalist and is involved in both undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training. In 2010, she completed the MA in Clinical Education with distinction from the Institute of Education, University of London. She is the Long-Term Conditions Undergraduate Curriculum Lead for Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust and is both a Clinical and Educational Supervisor.
- Inflammatory and Non-inflammatory Arthritis
- Back pain and spondyloarthropathies
- Connective tissue disease
- Regional rheumatic conditions
Effects of supervised deliberate practice on confidence and competence of Foundation Year 1 doctors in clinical teaching.
Quantitative and qualitative study exploring the effect of supervised Foundation year 1 teaching practice on self reported confidence and competence levels in undergraduate clinical teaching.
- UNDERGRADUATE EDUCATION RESEARCH DISSERTATION (August 2010) - ‘What motivates undergraduates to learn musculoskeletal medicine?’ A component of the MA in Clinical Education.
- VITAMIN D STUDY - MSc Rheumatology Research project. Feb. 2004 - Oct. 2006. The clinical and biochemical effects of intramuscular and oral vitamin D dosing in vitamin D deficient patients.
- R. Malaiya, S. Patel, J. Snowden and P. Leventis - Varicella Vaccination in the Immunocompromised. Rheumatology Advance Access (2014), Apr 23, Epub
- P. Leventis and P. Kiely - The tolerability and biochemical effects of high dose vitamin D2 and D3 supplementation in patients with vitamin D insufficiency. Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology (2009) 38(2):149-153
- P. Leventis and S. Patel - Clinical aspects of vitamin D in the management of rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatology (2008) 47: 1617-1621
- P. Leventis, L. Garrison, M. Sibley, P. Peterson, M. Egerton, G. Levin, P. Kiely - Under-estimation of serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D by the Nichols Advantage assay in patients receiving Vitamin D replacement therapy. Clinical Chemistry 51(6): 1072-1074; 2005
- British Society for Rheumatology
- Fellowship Royal College of Physicians
- British Medical Association
Other post held
- Maidstone Hospital, Hermitage Lane Maidstone
Insurers Dr Pamela Leventis works with
Dr Pamela Leventis works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Pamela Leventis does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Pamela Leventis does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Pamela Leventis does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.