Michele Hu is a Consultant Neurologist at Oxford University Hospitals, and Associate Professor at the Nuffield Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Oxford. Her clinical work focuses on Parkinson's disease and related movement disorders, botulinum toxin for migraine and dystonia, and general neurological disorders. Her research within the Oxford Parkinson's Disease Centre looks at longitudinal cohort studies and biomarkers for early and prodromal Parkinson’s disease, with particular focus on REM sleep behaviour disorder (RBD) and how sleep affects neurodegeneration.
Interests include the delivery of tractable, low cost, wearable technology that has a real impact on patient’s daily lives, and imaging the human brain from prodromal to established Parkinson’s.
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians
- General Medical Council
- Association of British Neurologist
- National Institute for Health Research (NIHR)
- Neurodegeneration National Speciality Group
- Parkinson’s UK Cohort Studies Council
- Chair- Research Engagment Sub-committee, and Regional Network Lead
- UK Parkinson’s Excellence Network
- The Movement Disorder Society
- British Irish Neurologist’s Movement Disorders Special Interest Group
Other post held
- Associate Professor and Honorary Consultant Neurologist, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Professor Michele Hu works with
Professor Michele Hu works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Professor Michele Hu does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Michele Hu does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Michele Hu does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.