Dr Oppong has been a Consultant at the Freeman Hospital since 1998 and is very experienced in all aspects of Gastrointestinal disease. His particular expertise is in Edoscopy. He has been the lead for Endoscopy in the North East and is Director of Edoscopy for the Newcastle NHS Hospitals. He offers a regional service for Pancreatic disease and Endoscopy.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Kofi Oppong at Nuffield Health
- Colorectal screening
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy (or gastroscopy)
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
He has an active research interest in the use of endoscopic ultrasound to identify cancer and benign disease.
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- Fellow Royal College of Physicians of London
Other post held
- Consultant Physician, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Director of Endoscopy, Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals
- Lead Endoscopist, Regional HPB Unit Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne
Insurers Dr Kofi Oppong works with
Dr Kofi Oppong works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Kofi Oppong does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Kofi Oppong does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Kofi Oppong does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.