Dr Greenaway has been a consultant since February 2001, enabling him to offer a wealth of experience in all aspects of diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy. His major career focus is on providing quality medical care through good communication and attention to detail.
Dr Greenaway is experienced in the management of inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome and upper GI tract symptoms (dyspepsia [indigestion] and reflux symptoms) in addition to the investigation of iron deficiency anaemia and other gastrointestinal symptoms.
Dr Greenaway chairs the Northern Nutrition Network. As Director of G.I. Care he leads a group of local Gastroenterologists ensuring cross cover of each other's practice to meet patients' wishes and access targets.
Having recently stepped down as Clinical Director for Gastroenterology, he now has more time to spend with his wife and two boys in addition to supporting Middlesbrough Football Club in their latest challenges!
Treatments and tests offered by Dr John Greenaway at Nuffield Health
- Colonoscopy on Teesside
- Colorectal screening
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy (or gastroscopy)
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Endoscopic ultrasound
- Glucose breath test
- Lactose breath test
- Urea Breath Test 13C
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
MD qualification - Utilisation of endoscopy services
Dr Greenaway has an ongoing interest in the provision of services and quality of endoscopic treatment
- British Medical Association
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterological Association (International Affiliate Member)
- Northern Nutrition Network (Chair)
- Northern Regional Endoscopy Research Group
- Core member of South Tees Trust's Upper GI Oncology MDT
- Director of GI Care
Other post held
- Consultant Gastroenterologist and Clinical Director at The James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough
- Nuffield Health Tees Hospital
Insurers Dr John Greenaway works with
Dr John Greenaway works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
Dr John Greenaway does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr John Greenaway does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr John Greenaway does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.