- Specialities Gastroenterology
- Telephone 07812 043362
- Year of first qualification 1988
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 3350739
- Fax 01242 246 501
Dr Anderson has a full time NHS practice and over 15 years of in-patient and outpatient clinical experience in both the NHS and private sectors. His clinical practice includes all types of routine and complex endoscopic work. Dr Anderson has regular outpatient gastroenterology clinics for patients presenting with a wide range of gastrointestinal problems and symptoms.
Dr Anderson has developed a specialist interest in therapeutic endoscopy and colon cancer bowel screening. He provides the South-West region with a tertiary practice in difficult polyp removal and is Director of the Gloucestershire Endoscopy Training Centre.
- Weekly Tuesday PM
- Consultant Gastroenterologist and General Physician, Cheltenham General Hospital
- Director, Gloucestershire Endoscopy Training Centre, Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Gastroenterology - all aspects
- Expert in endoscopy
- Bowel cancer screening
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's and ulcerative colitis)
Sports, education and training, chess
- Royal College of Physicians
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- United European Gastroenterology Society
- Joint Advisory Group for Gastroenterology Committee
- The future of gastroenterology training: instruction in technical skills. J Anderson, Frontline Gastroenterology 2012;3:i13-i18
- The national colonoscopy audit: a nationwide assessment of the quality and safety of colonoscopy in the UK. D Gavin, R Valori, J Anderson, M Donnelly, J Williams, E Swarbrick, Gut 2013;62:242-249.
- Design, Delivery and Validation of a Trainer Curriculum for the National Laparoscopic Colorectal Training Programme in England. H Mackenzie and T Cuming, D Miskovic, S Wyles, L Langsford, J Anderson, S Thomas-Gibson, R Valori, G Hanna, M Coleman, N Francis, JAMA in press.
- Training in Advanced Polypectomy: Results from a National UK Survey. Gut 2013;62:Suppl 1.
- Is the Uk Ready for Sub-Specialisation in Advanced Colonoscopic Polypectomy? Gut 2013;62:Suppl 1
- Early use of magnetic endoscopic imaging by novice colonoscopists: Improved performance without increase in workload. Can J Gastroenterology Vol 24, No 12 December 2010.
DeclarationDr John Anderson works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Cigna International
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
- Healix Healthcare
- The Exeter Friendly
Dr John Anderson does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr John Anderson does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr John Anderson does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.