- Specialities Paediatrics
- Telephone 01926 624 235 - Please make contact by email for urgent enquiries
- Year of first qualification 1992
- Email email@example.com
Dr Jo Jones loves modern languages, speaking fluent Spanish, reasonable German and French and passable Italian. She doesn’t tend to carry out clinics in any other language than English although often speaks to children in their own language and she can augment taking a medical history if need be.
Dr Jones held an NHS consultant post for nine years prior to leaving the NHS and working fully independently
- GMC Number 3585607
- Website http://www.healthcare4kids.co.uk/
- Fax 01926 800 926
Dr Jo Jones qualified in General Paediatrics with special interest in Community Paediatrics and Palliative Care, and has been working solely in Paediatrics since 1994. She is also highly trained and nationally recognised in areas of Child Psychiatry. This means that she is extremely experienced and dually qualified to manage medical problems across the board, from asthma and abdominal pain to psychiatric conditions such as ADHD, Autistic Spectrum Disorder and Asperger’s Syndrome, emotional disorders and anxiety states. These were typical patients in Jo’s NHS clinics before she left to work independently in 2013.
Jo has an excellent ‘virtual team’ of colleagues at hand to signpost parents to, including child psychologists, counselling services and CBT practitioners, speech and language therapists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, dietitians and family therapists – all of whom specialise in working with children and young people. Jo knows all of these experts personally and can testify to their professional expertise and kindness towards families and children: this means that families are not left adrift and can look forward to a joined-up approach to their child’s wellbeing.
Jo has an excellent reputation amongst GPs and families and always tries to go the extra mile for families and children, so that they feel safe, informed and confident. She is recognised as an expert in communications skills, and parents and children and young people feel safe in her hands.
- Alternate Wednesday afternoons
- Other times by appointment
- Development and epilepsy
- All aspects of general child health
- Dr Jones does not advise on diabetes or provide long term management of anorexia nervosa although she does offer an initial in-depth medical check of those with suspected eating disorders.
- Climbing and hiking
- Modern art, antique jewellery and furniture
- Dr Jo Jones thoroughly enjoys watching her three children grow up
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- World Federation of ADHD board-elected member
- National Autistic Society
Dr Jo Jones is interested in the co-morbid conditions surrounding the autistic spectrum disorders, especially the pathological demand avoidance (PDA) variant
DeclarationDr Joanna Jones works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health
Dr Joanna Jones does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Joanna Jones does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Joanna Jones does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.