Dr Johnson has qualified as a doctor from the University of Birmingham Medical School in 1994 and became a member of the Royal College of Physicians in 1997. Dr Johnson trained in Rheumatology in Leeds and has been a consultant Rheumatologist in Gloucestershire Hospitals Trust since 2005.
Dr Johnson says "Rheumatology is a fascinating speciality. Most people are familiar with the concept of 'arthritis' or 'rheumatism' and as a Rheumatologist I certainly see patients with joint, tendon, ligament, bone and muscle problems, but some of the conditions I see can affect other parts of the body too.
In Rheumatology it is very important to see patients early and make an accurate diagnosis, both to ensure correct treatment and to prevent complications.”
- Inflammatory arthritis including rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosis spondylitis (AxSpA), reactive arthritis, seronegative arthritis and inflammatory osteoarthritis
- Connective tissue diseases including Raynaud’s phenomenon, lupus and Sjogren’s syndrome
- Polymyalgia rheumatica and temporal (giant cell) arteritis
- Gout and pseudogout
- Osteoporosis and osteopenia
- Fibromyalgia and hypermobility syndromes including Ehlers-Danlos syndrome
- Joint and soft tissue pain including frozen shoulder, tendonitis, bursitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, RSI, neck pain and back pain.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Hilary Johnson at Nuffield Health
- Rheumatology profiles
- Osteoporosis screen
Other post held
- Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Dr Hilary Johnson works with
Dr Hilary Johnson works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
Dr Hilary Johnson does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Hilary Johnson does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Hilary Johnson does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.