Dr Rees has been a Consultant Rheumatologist in Hereford since 1996 and has extensive experience a in a wide range of rheumatology conditions.
He qualified from Imperial College (Westminster Medical School) in 1986 and was Senior Registrar at Westminster and Chelsea, St Mary’s and Charring Cross Hospitals in London. Prior to this he was a Research Registrar at St George’s Hospital, London. He is the current Chair of the Royal College of Physicians Specialty Certificate Examination Board for Rheumatology.
- Early inflammatory arthritis
- Polymyalgia rheumatic, temporal arteritis and vasculitis
- Difficult and complex rheumatology conditions
- Challenging diagnoses (patients with unexplained symptoms
- Sjogren's syndrome
- Joint and soft tissue injections
- Music - cello and guitar
- Furniture design
Dr Rees' research interests are in the management of early rheumatoid arthritis (inflammatory arthritis) and vasculitis,including polymyalgia rheumatica and temporal arteritis.
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians
- British Society for Rheumatology
- West Midlands Rheumatology Society
Other post held
- Consultant Rheumatologist Hereford County Hospital, Wye Valley NHS Trust
Insurers Dr David Rees works with
Dr David Rees works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr David Rees does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr David Rees does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr David Rees does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.