Dr Kelly trained in general and interventional cardiology mostly in the North West of England (Manchester Royal Infirmary, Wythenshawe Hospital and Blackpool Victoria hospitals) before undertaking coronary stent research in Leicester. Following a period as specialist registrar at Royal Derby Hospital in 2009, he completed a 12 month interventional cardiology fellowship at the Midland Cardiothoracic Centre, New Zealand's highest volume angioplasty unit, before being appointed Consultant Cardiologist at Royal Derby Hospital in 2011.
Dr Kelly specialises in the investigation and treatment of adult cardiovascular disease with a particular interest in the treatment of coronary artery disease. He sees patients for cardiovascular risk assessment and hypertension, heart failure, palpitations, blackouts and heart valve disease. He aims to fully involve the patient by providing a clear explanation of the diagnosis and discussion of available treatment options.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Damian Kelly at Nuffield Health
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Interventional cardiology
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM)
- Event monitor
MD Thesis: Growth factor-eluting stents for the treatment of chronic coronary occlusion, University of Leicester 2010. Actively publishes clinical research.
- Incidence and Predictors of Heart Failure Following Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction: The HORIZONS-AMI Trial. D J Kelly, T Gershlick, G W Stone et al. AM Heart J 2011 Oct;162(4):663-70
- Activation of Hypoxia-Inductible Factor Increases Neovascularization within Ischaemic Myocardium. D J Kelly, J Gunn, A Gershlick et al. J Clin Exp Cardiology 2011
- Mitral Stenosis as a Risk Factor for Embolic Myocardial Infarction, M Liang, D J Kelly, A Puri, G Devlin. Heart Lung Circ. 2011
- Fractional Flow Reserve and Long Term Outcomes in Consecutive 'Real-World' Patients. D J Kelly, M Liang, G Devlin et al. Circulation 23 November 2010; 122: 10235
- Meta-Analysis of Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Versus Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery: A New Analysis Incorporating Drug-Eluting Stent Data. D J Kelly, N Siddiqi, A H Gershlick. J. Am. Coll. Cardiol., March 11, 2008; 51:B23-B9
- Value of the Unipolar Electrogram in the Diagnosis of Right Ventricular Perforation following Pacemaker Implantation. J E MacDonald, D Kelly, J Waktare. Heart 2005 Vol 91; 2:228
- British Cardiovascular Society
- British Cardiovascular Intervention Society
- Royal College of Physicians
Other post held
- Consultant Cardiologist, Royal Derby Hospital
Insurers Dr Damian Kelly works with
Dr Damian Kelly works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Medical Care Direct
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Damian Kelly does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Damian Kelly does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Damian Kelly does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.